Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

anyone know about the browning a bolt 2 long range hunter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Bronze Member

anyone know about the browning a bolt 2 long range hunter?

Hey fellas I am new to this forum and am looking to get into some long range hunting and shooting was looking at some rifles would really like to save up for a Remington 700 sendero but the browning a bolt 2 lrh in .300 win mag kinda caught my eye. Also was looking at a rem 700 sps. Just looking for some advice I don't have a ton of cash to blow on this I do reload so that isn't to big of a deal just looking for some rifle advice.. thanks alot
Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Bronze Member

Re: anyone know about the browning a bolt 2 long range hunter?

There does not seem to be a lot of following for browning rifles. I however have loved every one I have ever owned. Can't tell you anything about the long range but I can tell you I have a m-1000 eclipse in 270wsm that us the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. I have loads with 130 gr tsx, 140gr SST, 130gr Nosler BT, and 140 hornady btsp, that all shoot less than 1/2 moa out to 500 on a calm day.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

I have had 2 Browning A-Bolt II Composite Stalker 7Mags w/ BOSS systems.....First got stolen, replaced it with another one. They are excellent rifles. Never be scared to buy a Browning firearm. They are tack-drivers and the actions are smooth & strong.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member

I'm looking at another Eclipse M-1000, I read the trigger is adjustable. The 7swm I had was unbelievably accurate right out of the box and such high quality workmanship. I really like the 60* bolt throw. I wish all rifles were like that. They are keepers unless you gotta have a rem 700. The advantage of a rem 700 is the longer term convertibility with after market parts. Pretty remarkable what you can do with one. I don't think initial quality is even in the same ballpark. You'd have to go Sako to be close with what Browning gives you for a bit less, buy a Browning Eclipse or hunter Eclipse.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member

A good smith, that's worth his salt, can trick a Browning...Any smith can blueprint a 700, b/c they are so widely used and so commonly customized. I am a huge 700 fan, but I am also a Browning A-Bolt II and Weatherby Mark-V fan.

Tricked out, rebarreled, accurized, and blueprinted A-Bolt II's are nasty guns! Christensen Arms lets you choose between 700, A-Bolt II, and Mod 70 actions for their custom ordered guns. That should tell you something.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Bronze Member

Just thought I would share what you might be able to look forward to.

This was shot from my m-1000 eclipse at 100yards with 130gr tsx. At 3500fps. With 75gr of magpro.

And it is absolutely devastating on deer.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

Awesome shooting. My M-1000 7wsm was so accurate and stable to shoot, I was shocked. I hadn't even turned on the BOSS yet. Glad to see some people respect the M-1000 line. I really think they have that gun down. Good smithing.