Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Anyone with experience w/ limbsaver barrel de-resonator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 11:27 PM

Anyone with experience w/ limbsaver barrel de-resonator

In a couple of days I will be trying my sako a7 tecomate 270 wsm at 300 and 400 yards for group. Last time it was holding sub-MOA accuracy at 300 yards; with a 3- shot 2- inch group(.66 MOA @ 100yds); I had good results placing a barrel de-resonator on a skinny barrel 22-250; and I was wondering if it would help my 270 wsm which has a magnum contour barrel. I understand that I am supposed to experiment with the de-resonator in different positions, but I wanted to ask other 270 wsm owners or owners of other magnum cartridges: where on your barrel did your de-resonator work best?? Thanks

Just trying to get enough info to help me judge what position to try it in first.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 AM

Re: Anyone with experience w/ limbsaver barrel de-resonator

Time Precision makes an adjustable resonator. I have only ever heard of it being used for rimfire, but I dont see why it wouldnt work

SUPERTUNE LITERATURE
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Gold Member

I run them on nearly all of my rifles. I have found that they make little, if any difference on my bull barrels. However, the de-resonator has helped to close up my groups on thinner barreled rifles. At a cost of only $10-$12 a piece, I just throw one on any rifle I get. It usually helps some, and has never hurt my accuracy/consistency.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:23 AM

I first got serious about trying one when I saw one one Guy Eastman's Weatherby in a mule deer hunt video. It helps on my rem. model 700 light varmint, and I put it 3/4" from the end of the muzzle; which is what is recommended for a free floated barrel. I think it would not look near as bad if it was near the forearm. I wonder if it would still tighten groups if I put it 3/4" from the forearm on my 270 WSM?