Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Anyone else ever have a 2-for-1?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2003, 07:23 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Re: Anyone else ever have a 2-for-1?

Randy...

We need to exchange stories sometime...

I've got a few I'm sure you'd like!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 02:55 PM

I've done two Pronhorn Antalope with one shot. My budy keep telling me to shoot and I keep saying that the bullet would pass though the first and kill the second. They where side by side and not moving so he said to go for it and he would use his tag on the second one if it went down (he didn't think it would). The 120gr solid base from my 6.5x55 resulted in his tagging out without firing a shot. The first one bolted about 25m and crashed and the second just fell on the spot.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Bronze Member

I took my hunting buddy to get his first big game animal in Alaska.He was 11 at the time.We were caribou hunting and saw a herd on top of a mountain.We climbed about 5,500 ft up from where we started.It was about a 3 mile hike.We snuck up to the caribou to within about 100 yards.I saw two fighting and we watched.Then one of the little caribou looked over the ledge and shook his head at us.The herd took off.We ran around the corner to catch them before they went over the mountain.I laid down on a rock to rest my rifle.I shot the first bull I saw with a shovel at 400 yards using my 338-378 with 250 gr partitions.I told my hunting buddy to lay down and get him one.There were caribou all over the hill.He had never shot my gun.I told him it kicked like a 20 ga which it does.He shot a bull and I saw two fall through my spotting scope.He was 11 years old and had shot his first two caribou with one shot.We about died getting meat down on our backs his parents helped.It was one of my funnest hunts ever.