Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Anybody regret NOT going 338?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Anybody regret NOT going 338?

A troll? Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! You're funny! No, I am far from a troll, I can assure you.

I love ******* you off...It's so funny to see you completely overreact to what someone else on the internet has to say, especially if their opinoin differs from yours, and when they state that it is simply their opinion, and never once claimed it to be fact. How can MY PERSONAL OPINION be "nonsensical BS"? It is MY opinion and never stated to be fact. Please explain that, oh wise one... Please show me where I said it was a fact.

Dude, you have not read the last few posts I've made have you.....My comments were intentionally to rile you up.....I even stated so, yet you still feel the need to go through all this elaborate posting multi-quoting what all I said, and blah blah blah breakdowns. It's friggin hillarious.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
A troll? Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! You're funny! No, I am far from a troll, I can assure you.

I love ******* you off...It's so funny to see you completely overreact to what someone else on the internet has to say, especially if their opinoin differs from yours, and when they state that it is simply their opinion, and never once claimed it to be fact. How can MY PERSONAL OPINION be "nonsensical BS"? It is MY opinion and never stated to be fact. Please explain that, oh wise one... Please show me where I said it was a fact.

Dude, you have not read the last few posts I've made have you.....My comments were intentionally to rile you up.....I even stated so, yet you still feel the need to go through all this elaborate posting multi-quoting what all I said, and blah blah blah breakdowns. It's friggin hillarious.
And this isn't what a troll does? Interesting. I am not riled up... just showing you for what you are. You must live a sad and pitiful life if you get your jollies by trying to rile people up on the internet.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

And no, I was not being a troll. Trolls are usually spammers and stuff like that.....Something I have absolutely no part of. We get them on my diesel site on a regualr basis. I guess some trolls could post just to piss people off, but if you look at the amount of time i've put in on this site, and the number of helpful posts I've had, I highly doubt you could lump me in with those idiots. It wouldn't be hard for you, since you seem to strongly dislike me...So it seems no matter what I say it will piss you off.

Not really, my original post and intentions was not meant to piss anyone off. I just stated my opinions, then I re-read it, and realized that my opinions in a thread like this would probably piss some folks off. By that time it was too late, and can't delete them....So what do I do? Go ahead and give a warning that it's gonna piss some folks off. So I did. And it did. And now we're here. But I normally don't post things to piss people off, I just figured I'd have a little fun, since I was the only person posting against the general consensus...

So, thoughts and opinions have grown to this BS. Now, if we could all have a rational conversation instead of saying someone else is full of crap, and completely dismissing their opinions, that would make for a much better thread, don't you think?

Everyone else in this thread was pro-.338.....I introduced my opinions of anti-.338 calibers. Crap hit the fan. Why can discussions not take place in here in calm collective logical reasoning, instead of calling someone's opinion nonsensical BS? Even though I thought, as free-thinking individuals, we had the right to our own opinions...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Wow, I had no idea this topic was so close to the heart. LOL

For all the arguing, I am still undecided but have ordered a trigger, rings, bases, muzzle brake, etc...
I am ready to order my barrel whenever the decision is made.
However, I have found a new problem - midway and several others are listing 16 weeks for powder. I thought the barrel or stock would for sure be the longest lead item. Might be reloading components.....
Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member

As long as I've been shopping Midway, they have always had that 16 week disclaimer when you look at buying powder... I don't know how true the 16 week wait really is, but I know I don't hear of many people ordering powder from them. I have been curious about that as well. I've been a member of their site for years, and have wondered that if you are a registered member who buys from them regularly, if it ships faster than 16 weeks or not... B/c if they do get some Varget or H1000 in, and it ships faster than that, I'll order some as soon as it gets in stock.

For some reason right now, it has gone from guns, to ammo, to .22LR bullets, now to reloading components & dies... I mean, it's like one stupid cycle after another. Maybe all this crap will move on to shotguns soon, since I don't care about shooting shotguns alot, and already have tons of 12ga shells laying around that I'll never use... LOL

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Silver Member

I had no idea this madness had moved to reloading stuff. I went to bass pro over the weekend only to find they don't have much of anything. Guy behind the counter told me they had a bunch of varget come in a few weeks ago and it was all gone in < 2 hours.

I have never bought powder online b/c I didn't want to pay shipping. I may order 2-3 lbs of 3-4 different powders and just eat the 27.50 and wait for it to come in.....

I was going to pick up powder for my WSM and thought I'd pick up some H1000 and Retumbo for this build. No dice.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member

Yep....I have 2 most commonly used powders that my guns seem to like and not be temp-sensative to.....Varget & H1000. The Alliant Reloder powders are sensative in my guns. I have a fair bit of it stocked up that I probably won't be using up for a while....Unless I can't find any Varget or H1000, in which case I will be using it in my magnums if I run out of H1000...

If you come across any Varget or H1000, please shoot me a PM ASAP, so I can order some, too.

Quote: