Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Anybody ever use or know of a XLR rangefinder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Gold Member

Anybody ever use or know of a XLR rangefinder?

It's made or was made by NAIT out of Englewood, CO. It was the best thing going when lasers first came on the market. I have one and I was just curious if anyone knew the beam size or had any additional info on it. The specs the manual has are:
Weight 1kg
Size 15.2x6.4x12.7cm
Max range 2200 meters
Range Accuracy +/- 1 meter/yard @ 2200 meters
Range resolution 1 meter/yard
Power 2 AA batteries providing up to 20 hours of use

I paid 1500.00 for it that long ago and was just wondering how it compares to the high dollar units of today. I do know the company that made it also made the laser speed guns for the cops and even today the ones the cops use today still look like it. I'll try to get a picture up when I get home.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Gold Member

Re: Anybody ever use or know of a XLR rangefinder?

I talked to the company that makes them (Laser Technologies) and they make the rangefinders for Gunwerks too. Mine is the predecessor to the Impulse 2K they make now but has basically the same laser as does the G7 from Gunwerks. The guy said that the size of the laser at 3000yds is about a foot but couldn't find the actual size in milirand. Their stuff is designed more for someone the does surveying etc. rather than hunting but the one I have does really well until it rains/snows. It does have a gate setting where it wont read inside or outside the gate settings. The only down side is the small scope mounted to it instead of a internal eye piece.

Here is the rangefinder info:
Laser Technology - Impulse 2k Specifications