Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Any Interest in a Long Range Shooting Camp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Any Interest in a Long Range Shooting Camp?

I would be really interested in going to a shooting camp/school. I'm definitely going to keep up with this thread. If this doesn't work out, are there any schools that y'all have been to or would recommend? Thanks guys
Old 07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

Guys, this is something we should plan over the winter. It will take a few local guys to put it together and work out details. I never thought of this as being a school. Just a camp out with shooting and meeting some of the guys. I would help but do not wish to do it alone as far as place and set up or what ever. Most places suitable for long range shooting are very remote. Most likely 30 miles from motels ot showers. But there are plenty of creeks with nice cold melted snow running in them. A pot of that water over a camp fire is better to bathe in.

Moving to different locations for different targets would be a good idea too. Might get boring shooting the same rocks for 2 days.

I say this would be good to start planning after hunting season for a spring shoot.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Gold Member

Jeff

You have stumbled into an area of need, at least from my view. There are few opportunities for folks who shoot to go to a long range school. (meaning ranges over 1,500 yards).

I know that there are a few out there, specific to hunting, but the selection is very limited and sometimes makes phsical demands that guys like me (bad knees) can't accomodate (as in hiking your gear in and out). Other schools that exist are pretty expensive, as in the school charges roughly $400 or more per day per shooter. I hope we can pull this off.

Jeffvn
Old 11-18-2012, 08:56 PM

yes im interested my buddy is a ret. navy seal that did alot of long range shooting if you know what i mean we would be interested and would black guns be wecome and yes we have some long range guns also!! thanks i need all the help i could get
Old 11-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Silver Member

Just throwing this out there to see what you guys think. I have a 2000 acre ranch 1 hour outside of Colorado Springs. 20 min. From a gambling town called Cripple Creek. The ranch house is rustic but clean and comfortable. You could stay in Cripple Creek, vary nice hotels for cheap. Let me know I know there is a couple spots to take her out to one mile and tons of 600 to1000 yard spots. Easy retain with road access to all targets, if there isn't we could make one.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Guys, this is something we should plan over the winter. It will take a few local guys to put it together and work out details. I never thought of this as being a school. Just a camp out with shooting and meeting some of the guys. I would help but do not wish to do it alone as far as place and set up or what ever. Most places suitable for long range shooting are very remote. Most likely 30 miles from motels ot showers. But there are plenty of creeks with nice cold melted snow running in them. A pot of that water over a camp fire is better to bathe in.

Moving to different locations for different targets would be a good idea too. Might get boring shooting the same rocks for 2 days.

I say this would be good to start planning after hunting season for a spring shoot.

Jeff
I'm in, besides, we could talk shop. Don't ask how my NM mule deer hunt went. Lets just say 3300 miles with empty Yetti's both ways.

Cold streams cause other issues.....
Old 11-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Silver Member

Regardless were the location is, I would love to join.