Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Any Interest in a Long Range Shooting Camp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Any Interest in a Long Range Shooting Camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousmudbogger View Post
Where? Here in Montana? I might be interested
Oops, Yes it would be here in Montana in my and your general vicinity.

Good to hear guys! Yes we have to keep this during the off huning season but hopefully about a month or so before. We are looking into the expences now. Catering probably won't work because we wll most likely limit to 5 or 6 shooters and that simply is not enough to make the dollars work. But we know some cooks that would do it. Probably a good breakfast and packed lunch then a nice supper with Saturday night being steak night. The lodge has a great sitting area with a bar for evening discussions. I might need a drink to be able to explain why I missed all day..

Jeff
Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Silver Member

As long as you keep the targets within rock throwing distance I should be good.Im pretty good shooting from the hip at those ranges.lol

I bet none of you have a .234 (6mm rem necked to .234)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Bronze Member

So were you guys able to do some type of camp and/or is one planned for the future? Heaven knows I love a good shooting camp!
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 07-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Silver Member

BROZ, I would love to join you! Just depends on when. if it is sometime before I start guiding at the end of Auguest I'll be there!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Platinum Member

Broz I would love to do something like that but there's just no possibility I could cut loose in the summer for such an event. April and May would probably be about the only times I could do so.

Great idea though!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Gold Member

Broz

If we can make the dates work I would definitely be in. Over a weekend would be best for me. Cost is not a deal breaker, but needs to be reasonable, depending upon what we are doing and how many of us there are. Excellent idea.

JeffVN
Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member

The owner of the place I was thinking of was not that interested so I let it go. But we could do a primitive type camp out and shoot next spring. I think we need to keep it to spring time as the risk of fire gets pretty high here in june through August.

Jeff