Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

another long range bull!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

another long range bull!

Darn it. Typed up a nice story to go along with this thread and when I went to post it, this damn server had logged me out and I lost the entire thread!!! Len, this sucks! Logging in twice to type one post stinks. I wish we could go back to the old format of a few years ago! Now I only have time to put up a paragraph and some pictures.

Bull number 2. Five days later. 670 yards. One shot, one kill. Much nicer bull. Used the 300 grain SMK instead of the 225 AB. Mushroom found on opposite side just under hide. No bone encountered. Nice wound channel through the lungs and big shock to the vitals.
Happy hunter. Sore muscles.

Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Gold Member

Re: another long range bull!

Nice bull, you are certainly earning your keep!!

Stu.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

GG, youre killing me here. Stop showing me pictures of nice bulls. I have a baby in the house now and cant afford to go elk huntinig like I used to!

FWIW, nice bull. Congrats!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (where the shot goes, how big the group is, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrouper View Post
Darn it. Typed up a nice story to go along with this thread and when I went to post it, this damn server had logged me out and I lost the entire thread!!!
If I think I may be typing a long post, I open up a word processor or notebook on my desktop and save it. Then that way if something happens, you have the original copy.

Nice pictures. I love his symmetry. Looks great! 2 thumbs up!!

iSnipe
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Gold Member

Beautiful bull! Congrats to all.

X2 on the notepad/word. Copy/paste. Way less frustrating.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

AWWW man when I saw your post I was looking forward to a good story. If you get a chance please share with us, I feel cheated darnit. That is a good looking bull congrats.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Congrats, Blair, good shootin' and a good Bull ( and a bunch of good friends ) You've waited a long time for this tag and you did yourself proud !!! It doesn't hurt to have GG and the Thunder around when you need to go long. LOL!!!

We need to start calling GG , Paladin, and get business cards printed up that say, Have Gun, Will Travel !!!! The ol' Thunder has added up a lot of yardage in the last few years!!!

Great job Grouper, as always!! You have "unselfishly" helped a lot of folks get the Job done over the years !!! -------- RHB

PS-- please rewrite the story on Word and paste it here for us. I'm sure everyone is interested in hearing the tale.