Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

another BOW Lope hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Bronze Member

another BOW Lope hunt

I really think I'm done watching this show.
I like the long range aspect of hunting...but these guys are really starting to get to me.
Long range takes a beating about not being ethical..like all hunting.
The latest episode the shooter takes a 650yd shot on a lope.
The Lope was clearly skylined. I've been told since I was young that you NEVER shoot a animal thats standing on a hill!!!!!
I have passed on animals and had to put a better stalk on them just because I didn't want them skylined.
I have told my son this and we have had to reposition on a few animals because it wasn't the right thing to do.
I guess I'm too hard on these guys because they're trying to make a TV show.....but come on!
I would like to see a show that they had to pass and reposition just because it was the right thing to do.
Maybe I'm just getting old and crabby!!!!

USAF AMMO
Old 09-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: another BOW Lope hunt

i just went and watched it, all i can say is wow. It is really starting to piss me off because throughout this season i have seen at least 5 kills that the bullet spined the animal (thank God!) but it hit right in front of the rear hams.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 09-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
i just went and watched it, all i can say is wow. It is really starting to piss me off because throughout this season i have seen at least 5 kills that the bullet spined the animal (thank God!) but it hit right in front of the rear hams.
Easy killer you're not old enough to be getting "pissed off".
I don't mind the bad shots or misses, hunt/shoot long enough and everybody makes them. I'm not stupid, don't try to pull the wool over my eyes and cover them up.
PM inbound.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry but it seems like every other episode they gut shoot an animal.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 09-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member

If you noticed on that 650yd shot, they fastforward through the part of the animal going down!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 09-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

I havent seen the show, I stopped watching most of them for that very reason.
I understand maknig the odd bad shot, it shouldnt be happening every second show though. What was described to me that got my goat was the skyline shot. That can be some nasty stuff.

I just recently wached all three volumes of "send-it" from defensive edge. In the first one, there are several "goof ups", though non ever concering saftey. What I really liked about Shawns video was that he showed the mistakes in real time, and pointed out what had gone wrong. No "great shot" or "put him down in his tracks" when the shot was bad, what you saw was another round getting chambered and the fastest corrected follow up possible. Allowing veiwers to see mistakes made by extremly good shooters and how to correct those mistakes.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Bronze Member

I am glad I am not the only one who notices these issues. There is a reason we all left the show at about the same time. The direction of the show was already headed in this direction. The only real shooter they have left is John. Did you see the elk episode last week? The first of the show started out with their host hunting some big bulls, then after "passing" on several you do not see any more of it. I believe it was the last bull he passes or claims he doesn't get a shot at, you can see if you slow motion it the bull is carrying his front leg a little. Looked like a hit to me. Then the terrible skyline shot this week. They have certainly come along way from the Burns days, I just think it was in the wrong direction.