Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Angle shooting question ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Silver Member

Angle shooting question ?

I have learned from reading the post here that multiplying the come up moa by the cosine is the most accurate way to shoot angle Ok here is my question if you use come up clicks can you multiply the come up clicks by the cosine and get the same results ? Thanks !
Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Angle shooting question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambdin View Post
I have learned from reading the post here that multiplying the come up moa by the cosine is the most accurate way to shoot angle Ok here is my question if you use come up clicks can you multiply the come up clicks by the cosine and get the same results ? Thanks !

Yes.... Or I think it is simpler to multiply the amount of dial up in MOA. For example the cosine is .96 and the dial up is 14.5 moa....14.5 X .96 = 13.92 so you dial 14 moa. same as 56 clicks just easier for me to keep tract of.

Jeff
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Silver Member

broz, Thanks MOA is actually easier, I need to start thinking that way....So to summarize this Instead of using the the angle compensated distance that the rangefinder is telling you and just dial for that distance from your flat line chart, it is more accurate to take the cosine of the angle and multiply it by your flat line moa comeup..correct ?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clambdin View Post
broz, Thanks MOA is actually easier, I need to start thinking that way....So to summarize this Instead of using the the angle compensated distance that the rangefinder is telling you and just dial for that distance from your flat line chart, it is more accurate to take the cosine of the angle and multiply it by your flat line moa comeup..correct ?
Yep, learn to stick with MOA. Counting clicks is a great way to just screw yourself up.

KISS applies to everything. Keep it as simple as possible and you'll make fewer errors.