Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Android Or Iphone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Android Or Iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRTSHTR View Post
Thanks for the info guys! Just returned from the Verizon store. Purchased a iphone 4s 64gb and Otter box. Not sure what I got but will give it a go. The salesman after talking with me for two seconds suggested I signup for one of their workshops.
Man I am impressed. You made it all these years. They started putting me in workshops in 3rd grade.

Jeff
Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Silver Member

You do not need service to use shooter. If you have the right kestral you can bluetooth the info to your phone. I put my phone in airplane mode if I don't have service so I don't drain the battery. I also have an extra battery for the droid. An option that you don't have w/ the iPhone.
I have to say, however, since I got my G7 rangefinder I rarely use my PDA.
Really nice!!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Silver Member

Iphone hands down, they have the best wifi capabilities and a better app market. Also the gps unit blows away Droids
you don't need service to use the apps unless you're running locations and things like that.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Silver Member

Ha Ha, I rode a really short bus in all grades but it had no destination. Basically sat in front seat (only one on bus) driving around. Got to see some beautiful mountains and wild game though.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Silver Member

BH Hunter,

I just bought a Kestrel 4500 w/Bluetooth. Had hoped to use Kestrel with my Recon but it does not have Bluetooth.

I use a Polaris Ranger to get me where I am going most of the time. I mainly hunt private ranches also. A 12v charging system will surfice in most cases. If not, I have my Recon and LB3.0

G7's sure seem nice. Glad they are working out for you!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Silver Member

I have a droidx its 13 months old. I dropped it off a gazebo roof the other day it fell 13ft before hitting concrete.no damage what so ever. Point is whatever you buy put a otter box on it
Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

I've had an iPhone since fall of 2009 and also bought the otter case.

That said, I was in the Sprint store this past week and the fella said there was one good thing about the Androed v. the iPhone and if I recall it had to do with watching TV shows or something and it could be specific to Sprint's network. I'm not sure.

Otherwise, he recommended the iPhone.

We are up for renewal with Verizon and I have to say that in our area, I'm not impressed with the service so when the contract runs up at the end of this month, we will try Sprint for 2 years. All of my physician friends except one have Sprint and are satisfied. We will save just over 100.00/month with better package from Sprint v. Verizon.

I have plenty of dropped calls through them to justify trying someone else.