Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Ammo help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ammo help

Tall, the Berger VLD's are my favorite in all my calibers. The Accubonds take second.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:55 AM

So if you guys like the berger vld's then the HSM ammo would be a good choice? I see that they use the VLD bullet from berger.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

Honestly, handloading is the best choice for VLD's, as they can be kind of finicky. Each and every gun will like the bullets seated in a different spot with different powders and different measures of powder.

However, it wouldn't hurt to try the HSM ammo. I'd give the 168's a shot. That should be perfect for whitetials. Unless you're trying to shoot them at 800+ yards, I would go with the 180gr VLD's.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member

i would start with the 168's and try 140 accubond next. is there a recall on t/c??
Old 06-25-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
i would start with the 168's and try 140 accubond next. is there a recall on t/c??
not much to be honest with you. It comes with an adjustable recoil pad that is nice and soft. The recoil feels more like a .270. It is a great shooter I would recommend this rifle to a first time magnum shooter for sure.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1mens1onsh00ter16 View Post
not much to be honest with you. It comes with an adjustable recoil pad that is nice and soft. The recoil feels more like a .270. It is a great shooter I would recommend this rifle to a first time magnum shooter for sure.
Not 100%, but I believe he is talking about a recall, not recoil... I believe he is asking was their any manufacturers' defects that would cause them to recall any of their rifles back to the plant for them to be fixed and then sent back to the customers.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Not 100%, but I believe he is talking about a recall, not recoil... I believe he is asking was their any manufacturers' defects that would cause them to recall any of their rifles back to the plant for them to be fixed and then sent back to the customers.
wow I did not even see that. Thank you for clearing that up Mudrunner. I have not heard anything about a recall on the T/C. I would have no clue what it the recall would be for, I have had zero problems with mine. If there is one I sure would like to know about it.