Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

An amazing long range reticle!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Silver Member

Looks very similar to the concept of the Horus reticle but not as busy, I like it.
Lowcountrywildlifemanagement@gmail.com
Genesis 9;2
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Bronze Member

I think (weaver?) had a recticle with a similar concept back in the day. As i recall it had a darker duplex with multiple fine lines horizontal and verticle that formed boxes. Its been ten years since I looked through that scope, but as I recall it only had a few lines, maybe 3 each way. those that used it really liked it.

Min Velocity info is available, and describes the performance floor of the bullet... DON'T allow yourself to reference F.P.E. as an accurate descriptor of killing power.. You are smarter than a copy editor, and you understand that you can determine maximum (reliable) effective range by comparing your drop chart to published bullet data....... And, dog-on-it, people like you!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member

Nice, but too many tics. Any more than 5 in each of the 4 directions will confuse the eye and the hunter. Probably ok for those who dont venture off the bench.

NRA Life Member
Old 04-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

I thought with every 5th mark (if I had made it correctly) clearly visible it would be fairly simple to use. Although this is all hypothetical.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Kemp View Post
Now that would be a dream job. Currently I'm thinking about becoming a petroleum engineer, but I want to go to Univ. of Missouri, who doesn't have a petroleum engineering program. Dad teaches there so I get a big 'ole discount.
Unless I am mistaken, it looks like they have a Chemical Engineering program. With a ChemE degree you should have no problem getting into the petroleum engineering field. Nearly all of the petroleum engineers that I work with are chemical engineers. I know there are specialty programs that give a degree in 'petroleum engineering', but I also know that chemical engineers working in the petroleum industry are referred to as petroleum engineers. If you decide to go into the ChemE program you had better be excellent at math and chemistry, and you better give up any plans of actually having a life while in school.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Silver Member

reminds me of........ da da da Horus vision
Old 04-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Wow that looks confusing. I like the concept (I guess I made about the same thing) but it would cover up alot of the target it looks like.