Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Almost done!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Almost done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .308ltr View Post
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I bought the brass from a private seller and already sent payment. I'll just have to deal with it. I plan on shoot 180g Barnes or 180g Nosler Accubonds on a trip to Africa this June. I may go heavier but I really like the performance of these bullets. I hope my new rifle agrees
Stick with H4350 or RL19. Should be good powders. May want to try some N550 too. I have just started playing with Ramshot powders, and the initial tests are quite nice. Haven't Chronied them yet. I shot a really small group and waiting to take it to 200 or 300 yards to see what it can do. I am curious to see what the spreads are. If you want to play with some of there powder, might want to consider there Big Game (which I am going to test yet), and there Magnum or Hunter (which is listed in their load data) powder. Just a thought.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!

Last edited by liltank; 02-15-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

I was thinking the same on powders. Already have a pound of R19 and H4350. Will post pics of my new Kirby Allen built rifle and results of load testing
Old 02-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .308ltr View Post
I was thinking the same on powders. Already have a pound of R19 and H4350. Will post pics of my new Kirby Allen built rifle and results of load testing

Sweet, looking forward to your rifle and its results. Ask Kirby about loads. He won't steer you wrong.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!