close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Reply

Almost done!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Unread 01-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,155
Re: Almost done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosesniper2000 View Post
I appreciate it, thank you
Yep, no problem. The total I marked is with shipping and tax added, along with the scope and butler creek caps.

Tank
__________________
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Reply With Quote
  •   #16  
    Unread 01-26-2011, 01:41 AM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: Oregon
    Posts: 64
    Re: Almost done!

    Nice looking rifle you got there.

    I don't know if SSS still has the DIY bolt handles or not. You might try giving them a call. They were $20.
    Reply With Quote

      #17  
    Unread 01-26-2011, 06:55 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Central Pennsylvania
    Posts: 4,155
    Re: Almost done!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by el si View Post
    Nice looking rifle you got there.

    I don't know if SSS still has the DIY bolt handles or not. You might try giving them a call. They were $20.
    He never answers the phone when I was trying to get a stock and other components, so I don't bother with him anymore. I ended up ordering a lift kit and and bolt handle from Stockade stocks. I like the Mr.Rayhill. He is very informative and helpful.

    Tank
    __________________
    Matthew 7:13-14
    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

    If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

    Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

    arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
    Reply With Quote
      #18  
    Unread 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 408
    Re: Almost done!

    Nice rifle! A friend shoots the 208 AMAXs over R17 well with 12 twist. Last time out was .662 MOA at 750yds in wind with 10mph gusts from 0900. Not as good as the .2 MOA at 220yds he's posted, but he'll take it for what it is. I dare say you'll be happy.
    __________________
    Laus Deo
    Reply With Quote
      #19  
    Unread 01-28-2011, 07:35 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Central Pennsylvania
    Posts: 4,155
    Re: Almost done!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Good View Post
    Nice rifle! A friend shoots the 208 AMAXs over R17 well with 12 twist. Last time out was .662 MOA at 750yds in wind with 10mph gusts from 0900. Not as good as the .2 MOA at 220yds he's posted, but he'll take it for what it is. I dare say you'll be happy.
    You have any idea what his load data is? fps, load weight, length of barrel?
    __________________
    Matthew 7:13-14
    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

    If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

    Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

    arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
    Reply With Quote
      #20  
    Unread 01-28-2011, 07:54 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Posts: 408
    Re: Almost done!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by liltank View Post
    You have any idea what his load data is? fps, load weight, length of barrel?
    Yes sir, the gun is a .308 Win Remington m700 VSF or VFS or however it goes, in left hand and is basically all stock. He had a bolt knob put on but that's it. It has a 26" fluted barrel.

    The load is 3.050" COAL so he can't mag feed, but we may shorten it up and see how the gun likes it next. Originally, we thought the powder charge was going to be 48.4g but we're not so sure now.

    This last time we went out he actually shot two 5-shot groups at 750yds and the .662 MOA group was slightly bigger than the other. The first group was with 48.4g and the slightly bigger group was shot with 49g. But, I think it was the wind that opened it up. There was one shot where I was just about to say "wind" when he sent it and I think that was the culprit. I'm not sure his velocity at this point as everytime I'm finished shooting '06 rounds there's not enough light to chrono him. We'll get him done first next time though.

    Most people find their nodes at or around 48.4g with this load and are seeing pressure at 49 but we are not. This 308 likes the r17, but my '06 hates it!
    __________________
    Laus Deo
    Reply With Quote
      #21  
    Unread 01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Central Pennsylvania
    Posts: 4,155
    Re: Almost done!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Good View Post
    Yes sir, the gun is a .308 Win Remington m700 VSF or VFS or however it goes, in left hand and is basically all stock. He had a bolt knob put on but that's it. It has a 26" fluted barrel.

    The load is 3.050" COAL so he can't mag feed, but we may shorten it up and see how the gun likes it next. Originally, we thought the powder charge was going to be 48.4g but we're not so sure now.

    This last time we went out he actually shot two 5-shot groups at 750yds and the .662 MOA group was slightly bigger than the other. The first group was with 48.4g and the slightly bigger group was shot with 49g. But, I think it was the wind that opened it up. There was one shot where I was just about to say "wind" when he sent it and I think that was the culprit. I'm not sure his velocity at this point as everytime I'm finished shooting '06 rounds there's not enough light to chrono him. We'll get him done first next time though.

    Most people find their nodes at or around 48.4g with this load and are seeing pressure at 49 but we are not. This 308 likes the r17, but my '06 hates it!
    Is he using a mag primer, or just a large rifle? I have 210m's, 215's, and wolf LR.

    Thanks for the help,
    Tank
    __________________
    Matthew 7:13-14
    "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

    If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

    Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

    arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC