Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Almost done!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Almost done!

liltank,
Looks good man! Gotta love those Savages. Have you tried the 178gn A-Max in it yet?
I wish B&C would start making that stock for the LA Savage. Does anybody make a similar stock for LA's? JohnnyK.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
liltank,
Looks good man! Gotta love those Savages. Have you tried the 178gn A-Max in it yet?
I wish B&C would start making that stock for the LA Savage. Does anybody make a similar stock for LA's? JohnnyK.

I know Choate has a new design that will accommodate the LA along with H-S. Stockade stocks make Savage specific stocks. Matter of fact he specializes in stocks for both long and short actions. My next stock for a Savage build will have a DBM bottom metal set up. I opted to make a wood plug for this build and feed it with single rounds. I shot the 178 A-max when it was a 1:10 twist, but have yet to try it in this one. I went with the BTHP due to the higher BC. That is why I am considering the JLK's. They are a little cheaper than Berger and you get 25 more bullets per order.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
As is right now about $1570. That isn't including the initial rifle purchase 2yrs ago. Breaks down like this:

Action- $375 (estimated due to being a donor from an $800 rifle originally Mod12 VLP w/DBM)
Barrel- $500 (specified contour, chambered, hand lapped, threaded for muzzle break, threaded for my action)
Scope-$275 w/ Butler creeks (closeout sale on swfa.com)
Stock-$220
Rings-$35
Base-$40
Recoil Lug-$35
Bi-pod$89

I still want to get a bolt handle, and target trigger set up to lighten it up a bit more. I would like to be in at 12 to 14oz. Right now its better part of 1.5lb pull.

Tank
Is this the scope? I may get one today at that price?
Vortex 6.5-20x44 Viper 30mm Rifle Scope
Old 01-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosesniper2000 View Post
Is this the scope? I may get one today at that price?
Vortex 6.5-20x44 Viper 30mm Rifle Scope
Yep, that would be the one. So far I like it. The eye relief is a little short for on the bench, but should be okay shooting prone.

Tank
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Silver Member

Is that a really good price for the scope? How many moa of elevation is there?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosesniper2000 View Post
Is that a really good price for the scope? How many moa of elevation is there?
The original price on these are in the $375 -$400 range. I would scrape it up if your interested in getting some new optics. The MOA adjustment is right around 68MOA. I could get around 50MOA after setting my zero with my 300WSM. I have to reset for my .308 now. Should be about the same, but maybe a little more. That is with a 20MOA base. The adjustment is one of the reasons I wanted the Viper over my Buckmaster.

Tank

Old 01-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Silver Member

I appreciate it, thank you