Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Adjustable Stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Silver Member

Adjustable Stocks

There are about a million choices for stocks these days. I am interested in adjustable stocks. I am wondering what is out there besides the McMillan A5. I know they are great, just cursious if there are any other good ones out there for a little less money? I see that Bell and Carlson has one, curious about others that maybe be a little more cost efficient. I currently have a 7RM Sendero that may just get fitted with a DE cheek piece instead, but any valuable info one can add for me would be great. Thanks
Old 10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: Adjustable Stocks

I've had really good results from chassis. Mcree precision and XLR. Both rock solid and have dbm built into them, they both also offer single shot configurations. Both are very adjustable and both have folding stock options.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:42 PM

Look at the Knox Axiom stocks if you are not wanting to spend much.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Bronze Member

whiskey 3, aics chassis, eliseo, mcree, manners, McMillan, Ashbury, alpine, eberlestock, rock solid.

The less expensive would be the choate, hs stocks, and the b&c, but not by enough that it should keep you from the McMillan if it's what you want.

Then you can always look at wood, but again, for a fully adjustable stock $600+ is really where you'll be. I'd plan on bedding it if it isn't a chassis system, and maybe even skim bedding if it is a chassis.

A stock that fits makes life easier, I've got a scope that I've seen countless people post on it having an eyebox they can't stand, I absolutely do not have that issue. Stocks aren't built for any one, they're built for everyone, buying an adjustable stock changes that.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling4life View Post
whiskey 3, aics chassis, eliseo, mcree, manners, McMillan, Ashbury, alpine, eberlestock, rock solid.

The less expensive would be the choate, hs stocks, and the b&c, but not by enough that it should keep you from the McMillan if it's what you want.

Then you can always look at wood, but again, for a fully adjustable stock $600+ is really where you'll be. I'd plan on bedding it if it isn't a chassis system, and maybe even skim bedding if it is a chassis.

A stock that fits makes life easier, I've got a scope that I've seen countless people post on it having an eyebox they can't stand, I absolutely do not have that issue. Stocks aren't built for any one, they're built for everyone, buying an adjustable stock changes that.
I would probably have to agree. Thanks for the info