Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

ACI Scope Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 AM

ACI Scope Mount

Hello,

I'm new to this so please bare with me.

I would like to mount an ACI on my hunting rig, but don't want to change my rings and bases. I was thinking of using system that mounts directly on my scope. ACI Scope Tube Mount

My scope is a Zeiss Diavari FL 4x16 w/ a 30mm tube and my rifle caliber is a 30-378 wby that weighs w/ scope about 9.5 lbs.

Will this system damage my scope or effect my zero in any way with the recoil? Are there any disadvantages to this system? What are you guys thoughts on this?

Thanks so much in advance!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: ACI Scope Mount

No issues. They work well.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

No, it shouldn't hurt anything, there are several different variations of tube mounted ACI's & I haven't heard any cons regarding the quality designs.
Do you have a ACD yet? If not, this might be a great way to go:

Levels | Flatline Ops
Old 02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member

I happen to have one of these as shown in the pic. It's a nightforce for a picatinny base.

New in box never mounted. No room for it on the base as the set up require 4 sets of NF rings.

Retail appears to be $199.00 or so. Lemme know if you have interest.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
ACI Scope Mount-aci-picatinny-mount.jpg  
Old 02-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Silver Member

I would stay away from the Horus ACI/ACD!!! Liltank and I bought one for our rigs. The one I got would fall out of the mount when I would shoot from the recoil and I had it as tight as it would go and the ACI was not on it was like 3* off. Ours are mounted on the scope tubes also. Liltank originally had the one that mounted on the rail but was not able to get it to be level when he tightened it up, so he sent it back for the scope mount type. I have since gotten a different one. You can kind of see it in the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
ACI Scope Mount-015.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Gold Member

The Horus is a great unit offering 2 in one and showing anlge in actual angle or in % of range. Its true they come lose in the big calibers I use a liberal amount of Locktite and solved the issue. I am using a rail mount as apposed to scope mount.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig View Post
The Horus is a great unit offering 2 in one and showing anlge in actual angle or in % of range. Its true they come lose in the big calibers I use a liberal amount of Locktite and solved the issue. I am using a rail mount as apposed to scope mount.
I was stoked when I received my Horus unit w/rail adapter, mounted it on my 338 RUM.... & it came loose after ~6-10 rounds !! Holy bat Sh&$!!! That isn't supposed to happen.....lol So I put it back on w/ a little more tension on that iddy biddy screw (& I mean small). I think it went 15 or so before it came loose again.

So I then ordered the tube mount for it thinking it might be helpful.... well, the dang adjustment bottoms out before fully clamping onto the ACI unit, you can actually move it by hand!! Jeeze....(insert face palm) the unit is really nice but I've given up...