Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Accurizing advise for 300 WSM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Accurizing advise for 300 WSM

To answer you question James, I'm from a small community just north of McComb, MS. Most of my hunting is in Amite County just west of McComb. Although on occasions, different locations around the state. My current health has started to limit my ability to walk and scout new countryside, so I'm hoping to add a little more range to my confidence. My love for hunting is at its best when my Matthews bow is in my hand, my ability to shoot well is still there, but being able to get in a tree is almost gone. Although my best hunting trip this past year happened about 200 yards behind my house when my 8 year old daughter took her first deer(a good 4point) with a 243 I bought for her. One shot, one kill at about 100 yards. It was the first time I have had buck fever in years, and I was on the sidelines. That feeling is better than any 140 class buck anywhere. I've already had to promise her my Browning 308 when she grows up enough. If you have never taken a kid hunting, and dont have one of your own, borrow one, both of you will have the best time of your lives. Better for them to be in the woods than on the streets.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Telkev,
I am from McComb also (just north in Ruth) if you ever want to shoot just give me a hollar. I have a decent range out to 300 and one spot where I can shoot 500...well 750 if I tresspass just a bit. I have a custom .300WSM that I am loading for and would gladly pass along any data you might desire. You will like the WSM. I had my doubts about it because everyone said it was hype. Maybe it was hype, I dont know, but I know mine shoots great.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member

Dude, if you are who I am pretty sure you are, just get with smitty he will hook you up. Yall both come see me when you you can I would love to help out with break in and working a load up for your new guns. Smitty has my number, give me a call anytime.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Bronze Member

I sent my win 70 300 WSM to Hill Country in Texas for their accurizing job......very sweet! shoots 1/2" @ 100 yards with my handloads.