I agree with Tom. The longer tube on the Remington isn't the end all. The speed increase wasnt huge for me either. My Vanguard has served me well and is a great gun.
Here are my "sucessfull" and other loads worth mentioning:
From the Vanguard(3shot)
1. 100gr Hrdy BT/65.0 grI4831/Win mag Primer/ .736"@100yds
2. 100gr Hrdy BT/70 gr H1000/ Win mag Primer/ .865"@100yds
3. 117gr Hrdy BT/69.0 gr H1000/Winmag pr/ .46"@100y
4. 100gr Barnes TSXBT/ 65.5 grs I4831/ Win Mag pr/ .742"@ 100y
From the LSS(3 shot)
1. 115 gr Nosler BT Silvertip/69.6 gr H1000/ Win pr/1.45" @100y
2. 100 gr Hrdy BT/ 65.5 gr I4831/ Win Mag pr/ .631" @100y
3. 100 gr Barnes TSXBT/ 65.5 gr I4831/ Win Mag pr/ .832 @ 100y
Both guns loved the Hornady bullets. I wish they would feel the same about the Barnes bullets. It seemed to me when I was working up a load for both guns the hotter it got the tighter the group became, not a bad thing.
Tom I think I am going to try H1000 again in the LSS. My gut is telling me that the bullets I was using is what didnt agree, not the powder.
I am curious how those Bergers are going to do?