Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Accubond LR Comparison and G7 BC Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Accubond LR Comparison and G7 BC Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMERSS View Post
Sorry typo,

G7 BC corrected to .321 for solution.
Thank you.

So you never shot the new load and zeroed at 100 or 200? Sorry if I am missing something here.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 06-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Thank you.

So you never shot the new load and zeroed at 100 or 200? Sorry if I am missing something here.

Thanks
Jeff
Jeff,

100 yard zero with a few rounds. I would give a "gut feeling" error of +-1/2 MOA. I could have loaded more rounds to confirm however as long as I could hit paper with the first three rounds this would be a more accurate prediction of LR capability and not so much centered around an initial BC input or ballistics solution validation. Additionally, it would have been beneficial to conduct further zero validation and multiple LR drop comparisons. However, I was deliberately conscious of tube round count for what? Simply a starting point and comparison for a friend to consider or not consider the LRAB as a hunting round. I posted the results for the rest of the LR community to view as there is much talk about the LRAB as a capable LR hunting bullet. I'm patiently waiting along with many others with more complete and complex LRAB results.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member

Ok, Thanks. So for you they ran with a 210 Berger out to 1000 plus for BC. That is pretty good. I will await more results like you. But for now I am liking the 215 Hybrids with a G7 of .356 pretty good. For what it's worth I have ran them to past 1500 and checked drops. The advertised BC got me there and on drops with only one G7 entry.

Jeff
Old 06-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
So for you they ran with a 210 Berger out to 1000 plus for BC.
Jeff,

So far the BC appears to be close to the Berger 210. I don't believe this would be a surprise to many if confirmed. I hope to make your shoot next Saturday and look forward to the opporltunity to formally meet. I was anticipating having to work but not the case. Now I have the perfect excuse to fire form some 308 Lapua brass for my F/TR rifle.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 AM
Bronze Member

Thank you for testing the bullets long range!
If these LR Accubonds can keep up with the bc of similar weighted Berger VLDs it will be very nice. I am looking forward testing the 7mm versions when they get available.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMERSS View Post
Sorry typo,

G7 BC corrected to .321 for solution.
Very promising. I'm using a G7 BC of 3.23 for Berger 210's. It will be interesting to see futher tests, and hear how the AB performs on game at long range.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 06-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Silver Member

Since the B.C. is close or equal to the bc of the 210 berger and 208 amax, I see no reason to pay 2x the money for these. The s.d.'s on a 30 cal 210 grain bullet are so high that (in my experience) they don't fragment and explode on contact like lighter 30 cal berger's and amax do, and therefore a bonded bullet with that high of a s.d. is not needed. However, if the 168 grain lrab's have the same b.c. as their Berger counterparts, I do think it would be a great choice for long range hunting and the cost could be justified.