close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

Accubond LR b.c. numbers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: bend or.
Posts: 160
Accubond LR b.c. numbers

The 210gr .30 caliber has a G1 B.C of .731. How accurate are these numbers? The 210gr Bergers are at .630 so the .731 seems really high.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Unread 01-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Townsend, Montana.
Posts: 8,376
Re: Accubond LR b.c. numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotelite View Post
The 210gr .30 caliber has a G1 B.C of .731. How accurate are these numbers? The 210gr Bergers are at .630 so the .731 seems really high.
Put the 210 ABLR in at .610 and you will be close. At least that's what more than one shooter here has gotten them figured at.

Jeff
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: bend or.
Posts: 160
Re: Accubond LR b.c. numbers

How is that number figured? Are the Bergers generally more accurate with their numbers?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-30-2014, 10:44 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Posts: 162
Re: Accubond LR b.c. numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotelite View Post
How is that number figured? Are the Bergers generally more accurate with their numbers?
Berger uses measured BC numbers (currently, didn't necessarily used to), measured by Brian Litz. Most other mfrs. typically use "calculated" BCs, and don't seem to care much when whatever algorithm they use generates wildly optimistic numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,507
Re: Accubond LR b.c. numbers

Ive had very good luck with bergers advertised bc. It is very accurate

Quote:
Most other mfrs. typically use "calculated" BCs, and don't seem to care much when whatever algorithm they use generates wildly optimistic numbers.
+1
Ive found this to be true on more than one occasion.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC