Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

880" of elk in one pic.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Silver Member
Wow, Great looking Elk heads. I just wanted to say that I have chased Elk in the high Cascade mountains of Oregon for years. I now have come to a point in my life where things have changed. I got hurt last year and can't hardly walk let along climb a mountain. If I had the money to pay to hunt on a ranch I would do it in a minute as long as it could give me a hunt that I could do. I don't care if they drive me to a blind and drop me off in an area that is a sure kill area. It least I get to hunt and when you are disabled it makes you feel like your a little closer to being normal. I'm all for high fence hunting. I know they are not just caged, you have to hunt for them. The ranchs are big and the guides know where the Elk are. I dont see the difference in that and someone that hires and outfitter and guide, they know where the Elk are even though they aren't fenced, your pretty much going get an Elk on one of those hunts as well. I don't think anyone should knock HF hunting unless they have done it, because if they haven't done it they really can't have an opinion. Heresay doesn't count you have to have done it before you can have anything negitive to say about it. I think you can make a hunt as easy or as hard as you want it. It's a personal choice. Again Great Trophies and you should be very proud of them.
Handgun Hunter
Savage Striker .308win. ss w/muzzle Break, syn. stock, 4-16 rifle scope, w/ .243, 270, and 7mm08 switch barrels. my LR specilty pistol
Rem. 700 VTR .243 my work in progress for LR shooting.
SBH Hunter .44mag w/ Red dot scope
If you don't like logging, then try plastic toilet paper!

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
Thank you for your post!!

Kirby Allen(50)
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: