Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

880" of elk in one pic.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
880" of elk in one pic.....

Stopped by my taxidermists shop to discuss with him the details on a 300 RUM project he is having me build for him. Walked through the front door of the shop and saw this:

My 466" bull on the left Dan, my taxidermist in the middle and my brothers 414" on the right. He said that they would be finished by next weekend, then I will have to hire some hands to get them both safely hoisted up onto the shop wall.

Anyway, it was quite a sight to see when you walk through the door. I am sure they will have the same effect on the shop wall as well!!!

By the way, the blue tape on the tips of the main beams are for the employees at the shop. Seems they were sick of running into them. They all told me they liked working with this type of critters but they will also be happy to see them go so they get half the shop floor back!!! LOL

Just thought some would like this pic.

Will post more then they are finished.

Kirby Allen(50)
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page:

Unread 02-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice and I like the pose of both Elk.

And yes they will look good on the wall !!!!!

Thanks for sharing
Unread 02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member
Damn, that just makes me sick. I'm gonna have to take my little 6x6 down off the wall and throw him in the garbage now after seeing those two together.;);)

They looked great in the field pictures and I was wondering what they would look like mounted. They will be AWESOME;);)

Congrats again to you and Korey.....fantastic bulls that you can really be proud of. And, it's a good thing your shop is as big as it is.
Unread 02-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member
That sux, I mean really really sux:mad:

hell no I'm not jealous. Envy isn't even in my vocab.:mad:

I think I'll just go sit in the closet and eat worms.:(

Those will definitely stop the crowd.;)
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!
Unread 02-09-2008, 01:37 AM
Platinum Member
you know I used to like you! Don't you? :(

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Unread 02-09-2008, 02:41 AM
this is coming from a OK kid who has only seen one bull elk in his life but still im pretty sure what big really is, I am sooooooooooo sorry you gotta have buddies help you cart that sucker into your shop, must be one hell of a problem lol God forbid you have to suffer all of that!!!!

awesome animals buddy, should look great on the shop wall, pretty soon you got another deer species to join him!!!! i got a pic of your bull up on our trophy wall at the shop and you should see how many people ask us about it. ready to see the finished product!!!

Steve Elmenhorst
Third Generation Shooting Supply
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Unread 02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
can someone post the thread on that story. I missed it. Beautiful animals