I finally had a little to no wind day to push it out to 828 yards. If you remember my last shooting session was at 700 yards and I did pretty good keeping 3 groups under MOA and didn't have a hard time getting on target. All shots landed with in the silohette.
828 was a little different story i think the 168 gr SMKs out of my 308 are starting to show why people switch to the 175 at the further distances.
First I tested the 100 yards zero to make sure everything looked good.
With the 100 yard zero on mark me and my 2 boys 7 and 10 years old went next door to shoot the furthest possible without finding a new farm to shoot at. So we were able to get 828 yards. The first 3 shots only one hit the target with 23.9 MOA up and 2 MOA of wind left. I was about 1.5 MOA low and 1 MOA right. Wind was variable from nothing to 5mph.
I adjusted to 25.3 MOA up and 3 MOA left and the next group I was able to get all three on target 2 were 2 inches of each other and the other was 10" to the left as if the wind stopped when I pulled the trigger.
The last group I fine tuned a little more and was able to basically center them on the silohette in a 6 3/8 " group.
My 10 year old shot some as well, he hit the silohette in the head twice!!