Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

820 Yard cow elk pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 820 Yard cow elk pics

Awsome post. I dream of a shot like that.

Nosler might be interested in that bullet and a picture for a future bullet catalog. You should give them a call.

A story like yours makes the customer I quote in my signature line that much more laughable.

Good job.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: NEW 820 Yard cow elk pics

Here is a few more pics of the hunt as promised.
Tom Van, I hope these pics show enough landscape. It was really foggy that day, and my photographers weren't purposely trying to take panorama shots, but I will take some shots like that when the sun comes back out!

This is a pic of the elk moving off after we started cleaning their friend. They weren't sure what we were yet.

The other pics are of us going up the trail to the shooting spot, and us (me, my dad, and my uncle Brian B) after the kill on top of the "shooting bench". Our packs were full and we hadn't even got to the elk yet! Long range hunting takes a lot of gear! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy these pics and thanks so much for your kind words. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Gold Member

goodgrouper,

Congratulations on your hunt. Perfect shot placemant and equipment performance. You just help but love those Nosler bullets!

Regards,

JD338
Old 01-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

I tried sending a pic of the bullet to Nosler but I couldn't find an email address. Does anyone have an address for Nosler or an address for a Nosler employee I could send this to??
Much appreciated!
Pull it
Dump it

Old 01-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

This is from the Nosler site. They are usually pretty good in quick responses.

================================================== ========================================
If you have used Nosler on a hunt and wish for us to post your photos please email them to

noslerreloading@yahoo.com

Please put on the email what you used and a short message allowing us to post your photos.

Thanks
================================================== ========================================

They have pictures of animals harvested as well as bullet performance pictures.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks ss7mm.

I sent off the pictures to the address you gave me. I will let you know what they say as soon as I hear from them. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

Old 02-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

update:
I just recieved an e-mail from John Nosler himself and he wants to use my pics and story on the Nosler website!
Of course, I gave him permission to do so. I also made mention of this forum and I bet John will be checking it out personally. That would be great to have him here ehh?
Pull it
Dump it