Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

810Y one-shot kill Lazz WARBIRD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 810Y one-shot kill Lazz WARBIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek M. View Post
Amen to that. This applies in multiple areas too, not just hunting/shooting! Seems to be human nature to tell the world about a bad experience but move on and be happy with good experiences by comparison.
Derek, If you go to Midway's site you will find tons of 4 and 5 star ratings and write ups for Lapua brass ... mostly 5 star.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Silver Member

Mr Montana ,,,,,,

I have no good reason to respond directly to your posts here any longer either ,,,,,,, therefor I will not be ,,,,,

best regards,,,,,,,,,
Old 10-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Silver Member

Broz ,,,,,,

I agree 100%,,,,,,,

before I release ANY new Lazzeroni factory load to the public for hunting, I test it myself for performance on game, at very close range ,,,,,

I usually head over to a friend of mine's ranch in New Mexico and pop a couple of wild feral hogs,,,,,,,,

they are tasty and provide a decent test platform for bullet expansion and weight retention when going thru relatively thick hide, hair and bone ,,,,,

one at say 50 yards and another at 300 or so, usually is a pretty good visual test ,,,,,
Old 10-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohunter14 View Post
Then where do the five-star reviews come from?
from those who bother to take the time and make the post
Old 10-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazzInc View Post
just out of curiosity ,,,,, how many postings on the Midway site have YOU and your sidekick Kirby put up there about Lazzeroni brass ? ,,,,,,
Ouch...

I think Midway Reviews are withheld until Midway audits the reviewer and determines that he is a Customer and Purchaser of that particular product. I believe you can take a random sampling of almost any brass and see that customer reviews are not for bashing a manufacturer.

338 Lapua Brass:

Manufacturer..................# of reviews...................Average Rating (1 thru 5)
Lapua.................................. 35..................................... 4.7
Hornady............................... 25..................................... 2.7
Nosler.................................... 3..................................... 4.3
Norma................................... 7..................................... 5.0

Note: The only poor performer was Hornady. One negative Review goes on to explain that he called Hornady and they were very apologetic and asked the Customer to return the brass and I imagine he was sent replacements. They acknowledged a poor batch and apparently absorbed the cost and rectified it to those who contacted them.

Although the review process isn't perfect, I believe the Consumer can get a far better feel for Customer Satisfaction then from manufacturers statements, endorsements and professional writer reviews.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Derek, If you go to Midway's site you will find tons of 4 and 5 star ratings and write ups for Lapua brass ... mostly 5 star.
Oh I know. My immediate thought and subsequent "Amen" post was really directed at OTHER topics, like those in healthcare, cars, etc. Not necessarily on our topic here. I've posted on midway years ago about ballistic tip performance. If not deleted you will be able to see them.

Lazz just brought up the negative post thing regarding midway and in general terms, I agree with him that folks are quick to talk about something negative than positive.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Silver Member

Mike 338 ,,,,,,,,

""""""" Although the review process isn't perfect, I believe the Consumer can get a far better feel for Customer Satisfaction then from manufacturers statements, endorsements and professional writer reviews. """"

I agree with this statement 100% ,,,,,