Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

810Y one-shot kill Lazz WARBIRD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Silver Member

Re: 810Y one-shot kill Lazz WARBIRD

not yet ,,, the next bullet I am going to try again is a 190gr Sierra HPBT with NP3 coating ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 10-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazzInc View Post
I was going that very direction at one time, but then I had trouble getting the Berger 190gr VLD hunting bullet to shoot well at 300 yards at Lazz Warbird velocities ,,,,,,,

I just finished building a new Warbird rifle for myself with Schneider's 10 twist, 5-groove polygon barrel, and I am going to shoot the Bergers again to see if this improves ,,,,
I look forward to your findings! I've always loved the 7.82 Warbird, since I first read about it.

Man I wish I had won that old Sendero SF barrel that had been re-chambered to 7.82 WB, that was up on ebay a few months back. I lost it by $2.50....I was so pissed! I was this <-> close to finally having my Warbird.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Silver Member

I am going to introduce a new model Lazzeroni L2012-LRPH at the SHOT SHOW in Vegas ,,,,,,,,

Warbird caliber ONLY, Timney trigger, Bell & Carlson stock ,,, will build 10 rifles at a time, all the same for economics of manufacture ,,,,,,, not quite the totally custom/production rifle that I offer for $6,000+ ,,,,,,,

but still a superior rifle in the $4,999.99 range ,,,,,,,,,

what do you think ? ,,,,,,,,
Old 10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazzInc View Post
I am going to introduce a new model Lazzeroni L2012-LRPH at the SHOT SHOW in Vegas ,,,,,,,,

Warbird caliber ONLY, Timney trigger, Bell & Carlson stock ,,, will build 10 rifles at a time, all the same for economics of manufacture ,,,,,,, not quite the totally custom/production rifle that I offer for $6,000+ ,,,,,,,

but still a superior rifle in the $4,999.99 range ,,,,,,,,,

what do you think ? ,,,,,,,,
Here's my honest opinion, which I know means very little because I'm a nobody...And I promise it isn't meant to be insulting at all. This is just simply my opinion and my thoughts on the matter. And I try to be as honest as I can with folks when they ask my opinion. I was brought up that honesty is always the best policy...So I appologise if my opinion is taken insultingly. It is not meant to be, in any way.

I'm sure it will be a very nice rifle, in an awesome caliber. Unfortunately it's still way ousidet of my price range...For just the price of a rifle itself.

If it were to come with a NF NXS 5.5-22x56 (reticle of choice) with a custom yardage turret for that rifle in that caliber, NF rings and NF picatinny base, 100 rounds of ammo, a 3-die set of reloading dies (FL sizing, neck-sizing, and seating dies), and a 28" sendero contour stainless fluted barrel with a radial muzzle brake.....That would be something I could see myself buying for $5,000.

If I had $5,000 to drop on a rifle.....It would be that exact rifle setup.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Gold Member

If you can afford a 5k rifle 6+ is not a big deal. At that price point guys will want full custom. I think Lazzeroni would be much better served going with a model priced around 2000. If it were me I'd build something like a Weatherby Accumark. You may not make as much per rifle but you'd sell more of them. Also more ammo and dies and components...
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

and that is the tough part ,,,,,,

MY COST on the SS CNC machined Lazzeroni receivers is $1K each ,,, JUST for the receiver ,,,, ((no barrel, stock, trigger, bottom metal or muzzlebrake/chambering etc)) just the receiver ,,,,,

to sell a rifle at retail for $2,000,,,, MY COST needs to be $1,100.00 for the COMPLETE rifle, on the floor ready to ship ,,,,, with dealer price at around $1500 ,,,,,,,

and that is bare MINUMUM profits for LazzInc and the dealer ,,,,,,,,

and there is not much room in those numbers for any advertising budget ,,,,,,,

it is just plain business ,,,,,, and the numbers are just not there for a Lazzeroni rifle in that price range ,,,,,

LOOK what Savage charges now for their tactical rifle in 338 Lapua ,,,,, now you are starting to see what this custom high-performance stuff costs ,,,,
Old 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the explaination John. I had no idea the recievers were so costly on your end. Makes more sense now.

Thanks again for not getting offended, like I said, I didn't mean it to be so, I just wasn't in the know as for your cost of building a rifle.

Thanks again.

Quote: