Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

810Y one-shot kill Lazz WARBIRD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Gold Member

Re: 810Y one-shot kill Lazz WARBIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazzInc View Post
Oh I have my shooting papers and I am on it ,,,,,,,,,,

was interesting to me however, the results of the poll that Len did on the longest shots each year that the members of THIS forum killed their game animals at ,,,,,,

if my old fat memory serves me right ,,,,, better than 75% of the respondents had taken their longest shots in the field at less than 600 yards ? ,,,,,,,,

I also look at that beautiful Alaskan moose that was just posted on here on the forum this morning, taken with a decent looking long range rig in the 300 RUM caliber, spittin out 180gr Accubonds,,,,,,

in our never ending quest to extend the envelope, let us not forget about the majority of shooters and hunters out there ,,,,,
A very good point, but just because people haven't killed that far doesn't mean they don't want to be able to. The reason people have the long range rigs is so they can become proficient at longer yardages so if the opportunity comes up where they HAVE TO shoot at those ranges, they can.

As a consumer, I would have to say that if I was going to drop $6k on a long range rig, it better be able to shoot the best long range hunting bullets available. Personally, for $6k I see the opportunity to buy a very solid long range rig with a 1/2 MOA accuracy guarantee PLUS a $1,500-$2,000 scope for it and keep it at that price range. I know there is a reason your rifles are at the price point they are, and I am not trying to start an arguement or anything, just trying to give you some more feedback. I also know the bullet thing has already been said as well, so I won't continue to throw that out there. I'll just say that, no matter what, your target audience is not 'the majority of shooters and hunters out there,' just like the long range crowd isn't.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member

Note to self:

300 RUM and 180 AB's... not the best long range combination but capable of maybe 900 yds on most game

The animal was first seen and ranged @ 500 yds... no shot available... then shot at 120 yds... hmmm, the long shot doesn't always work out... but just in case...

Alaskan moose are probably best taken at short to mid ranges.... the best long range bullets are not necessarily the best bullets for all game animals... at all ranges

Some long range hunters load and carry both short to mid range loads and long range loads

Not all long range hunters and shooters shoot to the same distances... those who shoot to the max distances use the best rifle, powder, bullet combinations that can allow them to achieve their goals

Ever think about it a little????

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Silver Member

just a real dumb question here ,,,,,, anyone tried the o'l Sierra 240gr HPBT Match bullet in .308" ? ,,,,,,,,,,
Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, a few years back it (the Sierra Match King 240) was relatively popular. That said, the performance tended to be inconsistent. It did not always expand which was common among a lot of the Sierra match bullets. Sometimes they worked great and sometimes they tumbled.

Also, the Hybrids when they came out were more efficient (better BC's) and have been more consistent in terminal performance.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Silver Member

how many shooters on this forum have a Lazzeroni model 2000, 2005 or 2012 rifle ? ,,,,,,

I know that "old teacher" has a new model 2012 ,,,,,,,
Old 10-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
just a real dumb question here ,,,,,, anyone tried the o'l Sierra 240gr HPBT Match bullet in .308" ? ,,,,,,,,,,
I shoot Berger 210's out of my 24" 700 5R .308 Win at 2,400 fps MV...It has an 11.25" twist and 5R rifling and they're stacking in 1 wallered-out hole (ultra tight cloverleafs).

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
how many shooters on this forum have a Lazzeroni model 2000, 2005 or 2012 rifle ? ,,,,,,

I know that "old teacher" has a new model 2012 ,,,,,,,
I wish I did...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.