Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

803 yard ram pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 803 yard ram pics

stevet -- McMillan makes them as well, called the Winchester Marksman (at least it resembles that pattern to my eye)

Congrats on the ram [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sonds like the berger acted like the Kennedy bullet or something [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] weird...

JB
Old 12-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Gold Member

GG,

Thanks for sharing the story and pictures with us. Congratulations to Lana for making a great shot, and to the rest of the team for making the shot possible!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Awesome ram! I shouldnt complain, but as humans we always want more! The grass is greener on the other side. I am able to hunt dall rams every year, have taken some respectable ones and still I am wanting a desert ram so bad a can taste it! One of these days I will draw a coveted permit. Congrats on a nice ram and shot. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
I can't help it ! What a great hunt and ending . Way to go girl !!!! And GG ,I do believe you when you say you wanted to go after that ram with the rest them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Great job y'all thanks for the pix and story ,

Jim
Old 12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

Congrats on a nice desert sheep! I have 2 points (nonresident) toward that coveted tag and a friend in desert sheep country, but I didn't put in for a point this year because they raised the fee from approximately $1000 to $2000. Utah doubled or nearly doubled most of their nonresident fees. I had hunted there four consecutive years, but not this year. I guess I should shut up---I'm not trying to hijack this thread! Once again, nice ram, helluva shot!

NRA Life Member
Old 12-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

Great story pictures and write-up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font>
Old 12-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

GG,
One heck of a trophy and a memorable hunt to be proud of. Congrats to all involved!! Due to the amount of damage on the old boy, it would be interesting to see if there are any old fractures to the skull when you get the hide off. His battle scars are really something!!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]Festus