Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

7wsm dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: 7wsm dead?

cross.. i have heard that the VLD bergers dont work in SA rifles.. is there any truth to that.. or does it matter?!

I want a 7mm wsm so bad and I will probably end up buying used because very few companies are providing it.. i hope it doesnt die out. I reeeally dont care if I buy one tomorow and then they stop producing the caliber next week. I just dont want the ammo to become scarce as well! liltank had a point about MAKING 7wsm brass and 7mm bullets are seriously overflowing at my local gunshop. So powder, primers, case, and bullets arent going to be a problem... so wtf am I worried about?! should I be?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Gold Member

As someone said earlier Browning is still making them. I'm debating on buying one of those or calling Savage to see if I can get their long range model in 7WSM. Not sure if they'll do that but that's what I'd like. I really with I could get my hands on one from Kimber the montana model but those aren't to be found. Good luck and let us know what you get.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootkittens View Post
cross.. i have heard that the VLD bergers dont work in SA rifles.. is there any truth to that.. or does it matter?!

I want a 7mm wsm so bad and I will probably end up buying used because very few companies are providing it.. i hope it doesnt die out. I reeeally dont care if I buy one tomorow and then they stop producing the caliber next week. I just dont want the ammo to become scarce as well! liltank had a point about MAKING 7wsm brass and 7mm bullets are seriously overflowing at my local gunshop. So powder, primers, case, and bullets arent going to be a problem... so wtf am I worried about?! should I be?
Kittens,

I had heard some of the same but after reading enough of people doing well with 7wsms and VLDs I decided it would work. I haven't tried the 180 VLDs yet but intend to. The 168s shoot great!

Go to the 6mmbr website and view the 7mm info page. Lots of good info on results with the 7wsm and VLDs.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Silver Member

thank you! that page was awsome. I still dont know what im going to do yet. But for some reason i cant find the browning I want anymore! they removed it from the website. It was one of the ONLY camoflauge model X-bolts! damnit! lol dont worry.. ill wait til they bring it back!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootkittens View Post
is the 7mm wsm DEAD?

Winchester's own caliber isnt being offered in their new rifles! WTF!

I was set on getting a .270wsm but someone brought to my attention how great the 7mm wsm was and i was really excited about purchasing one! well... now i cant FIND ONE!!! if winchester stops producing firearms then browning stops..then the other handful of manufactures stops producing this caliber... WHAT WILL I DO! im too poor for a custom build... college kid can barely afford ramen noodles! lol
There are a lot of them out there and even if in there infinite wisdom decides to drop them
someone will come out with the 7 WSM in there rifles (Its just to good to forget).

Plus, there are other 7mm calibers that can be re chambered to the 7 WSM for very little cost.

Like some of the guys said look for a good used one .

Remington still makes the 7mm SAUM (Short action ultra mag) and it is the ballistic equal to
the 7 WSM.

J E CUSTOM