Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

7mmbuster needs a talking to

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2002, 11:34 PM

Re: 7mmbuster needs a talking to

Dave 7MM is how I found this place!!

Y'all will meet some learning curve opposition over there but it is a great site...the one I call home.

Come on over all are welcome....

Mike
Old 02-25-2002, 01:48 PM

Dave7mm....

I thawt those guys at the other forum were actually pretty polite and more open than I figured they would be. You guys did a good job of staying calm and 'splaining yer sport.

I am VERY new to this myself and just sitting on the sidelines soaking up the knowledge....
Old 02-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member

7MMBUSTER gave me an invite to go up and shoot.I'm just waiting for him to tell me when I can go....
Old 02-25-2002, 11:13 PM
Bronze Member

Darryl,
Ive been to Williamsport.Just once.I live in Erie Pa.Thats about 4.5 hours from you guys and its probley a good thing.Having me wandering around over there would be like having a drug addict wandering around in a DEA (drug enforcment agency) evidence warehouse.At this point in time I'd rather travel to hunt than travel to shoot.I cant do both.
I used to shoot BR at the Titusville Area Sportsmen Club with Howard Drake.Howard and his shooting buddie John Easton talked myself and a friend of mine to travel over there.Its been like 7 years now.To say I had a blast would be a understatment.
Darryl, I was thinking of you about 3 weeks ago.I went on my first Texas hog hunt.
I was sitting in a hut on a cut line that was about 1400 yards long.My Geovids were pooping out at about 950 yards and low and behold a whole herd of pigs steps out into the open at about 850 yards.I just watched.Man to bad Darryl isnt here.We could have a pig roast.:-)
This Texas hog hunting is a blast.No bag limits.No hunting hours.No orange punkin suits.Pigs go anywhere from small little 20
pound porkers to 650 monsters that will try to kill you and eat you if you dont make a good shot.
I ended up shooting a pig with a new gun that I had built by Dave Tooley.Its called a 25 Booboo made on a RWS 8x68s case.Its about the size of a 300 Win mag case but this brass is some of the finest quality that I have ever worked with.Didnt someone set a new record with a 30 Booboo not to long ago?
got to run have a great day
dave
Old 02-26-2002, 10:26 AM

So, Boyd - I see you're making more new friends at other forums [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW - I'm working on getting the 300 W'by stuff together (I didn't have any 220 MK's [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] in my stash). I will be bugging you a lot.

I'm attempting to conceal my ignorance, but, remember, before the MK thread started at AR, I was your typical 100 yard shooter, so, dumb question #1:
You said I'd need 28.8 MOA to get a 220 MK @ 2800 FPS on target at 1,000 yards. Would that equate, roughly, to a setting of 31" high at 100 yards?
Dumb question #2: I'm assuming you zero dead on at 100, then make elevation adjustments rather than attempting to 'hold over'. Is that correct?

Thanx,

Ron
Old 02-26-2002, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Yes.I seem to have friend's all over.LoL!!!!Yes you would be some where around 30 or 31 inches high at 100 yard's to be dead on at 1000 yard's.However that # would change with the temp and altitude.Yes I zero all my gun's at 100 yard's.I know it would be a long drive for you.But if you were to bring that gun down here we could have you set up in a day.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:00 AM

Boyd -

Once I get all my stuff together, and get a good load worked up (I'm thinking 73 or 74 H4831 should get 2800 +/- w/220 MK in 300 W'by?), I'll be in touch. You may be sorry you offered to help out.

Ron