Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

7mmbuster needs a talking to

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Bronze Member

7mmbuster needs a talking to

could one of you 1000 yard guys please go talk to this clown
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...b=5&o=0&fpart=

thank you
dave
Old 02-23-2002, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mmbuster needs a talking to

I'll talk to him.I'm the one that got him stirred up in the first place.(BIG SMILE)
Old 02-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Dave

This is what we as Long range hunters have gone through for years. The UNKNOWING short range shooter and his uneducated and unknowing comments.

Other hunters especially the short range type, have no idea what a bullet will do at extended range. They all think because they screwed up on an animal and lost it, that we do too.
In reality, we don't lose the game with the equipment we have and THAT'S what they have NEVER seen or would understand and believe.

It's best not to try and give an explanation to them because they would NEVER believe it anyway, as set in their ways, as they are.

Those type hunters would NEVER spend, or be allowed to spend, the amount of money we have for our equipment to be able to do it the correct way.

They should be left in their own little world of short range hunting and let the LR hunter enjoy this site and the sport of LR hunting as we have for many years.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care if anyone believes what we do or not. I KNOW what can be done at extreme longrange to an animal and that's all that counts.
Sort of like saying---Been there, done that many times.

Darryl Cassel

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]
Old 02-23-2002, 11:52 PM

Ethical hunting is less a function of range than of the hunter's shooting ability, decision making, and equipment. IMOH, Tommy
Old 02-24-2002, 08:24 PM
Bronze Member

The reason I joined this forum is to get the knowledge I need for long range hunting & I know that I'm not ready. When I can consistantly punch paper at a long distance then I'll start groundhogging at those same distances. After that becomes a normal thing I'll start with the big game. Other sites only discourage what I know I'm capable of but I totally agree with only taking short range shots if thats what you want to do or is all you are capable of, but I'll use my shotgun or my bow for short range shots. Thanx for all the info you've shared. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2002, 09:29 PM
Bronze Member

Boyd,
Thank you for going over there and at least trying.You are doing a much better job than I ever could.My computer is a total mess and at this time I cant even post over there.Its just when I see something like that I think that all the PETAS are having a good laugh at us and Id much rather hang out with any kind of hunter or shooter than a PETA.
Boyd,Darryl and the other regulars,
I shot IBS and NBRSA Benchrest for over 10 years.But my first love is still woodchuck hunting.I've pushed my Hammond built 22 CHeetah to well past 650 yards.Which says alot for what can be done with a 52g Berger bullet.About 2 years ago I had a heavy(12Lbs)
300 win mag built by Dan Dowling.I finally got this thing worked up and was very impressed as I shot a 1.396 six shot group at 300 yards with 180 ballistic tips just before last deer season.I have a buddie that has the excact same gun and we have it worked out to 650 yards.
I have everything I need to shoot long range.
Armor shooting bench
Hart front rest
A good shooting gun
A German model Barr and Stroud 250 meter base line rangefinder from 1936
Leica Geovids
Spotting scope
Only thing I dont have are spacemasters

Reading this sight has got me interested in in trying to push this 300 out to 1000 yards
Thanks guys
dave
Old 02-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

Dave 7mm

What part of PA are you at?

Darryl