Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

7mm Rem Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Wow, we truly have started a particular "specimen" measuring contest. The only problem is, we "fan boys" are the ONLY contributors to this particular thread citing data & statistical fact; i've seen nothing in rebuttal other than the good ole "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" the OP chose our caliber!

Seriously, debate like you know what you're talking about & we may take you a little more seriously. Mud, you may not have mentioned folks by name but I guarantee it doesn't take much to figure it out. Subjective vs Objective.

I understand what the OP chose, thats fine. I will guarantee anyone that I will lose no sleep over it tonight. What has been done is the continuing of a discussion started. Or is that not what forums & threads are for?

Listen, I don't hold a personal grudge against anyone here, don't take it that way. The point i'm trying to make is: If someone intends to win a debate with me, you have to actually beat me.
Right now, its the "fan boys" 1- "good ole boys" none.

t

Last edited by Outlaw6.0; 03-11-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Show me one place where I said "what he should have", just one.

Like I said, reading comprehension
Saying what he should have an thinking what he should have are two differant things! Talk about reading comprehension!!!! Really???
As far as the parameter of this tread, I am not an will not go trough it again an waste all of the good people's time that is on this tread! Wheather the OP choses whatever caliber he wants,we need to encourage him in his quest for Saftey,Enjoyment,Knowlege,an shooting the caliber of his choice!! We answer questions,make suggestions,share knowledge to those that ask! If one or the other has a differant opinion or idea,then great!!! That doesn't meen that one or the other is better!(just differant)!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Gold Member

I'll help, here is the original post in regard to the title "7mm Rem Mag":
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpa View Post
Enough to kill all north americas big game out to 1000 yards? Some say go with .300....
Sorry, couldn't resist

Anyway, with regard to the original post, my only $.02 is to say that it all depends on what 'big game' you are talking about. Is a 7mm Rem Mag enough to kill an elk at 1,000 yards? Sure. A grizzley bear? I would think twice on that one. Anyway, just my two cents. I know the .300 versus the 7mag debate can go on forever, but it wasn't meant to be a debate necessarily...just a question

Good luck to the OP
Old 03-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohunter14 View Post
I'll help, here is the original post in regard to the title "7mm Rem Mag":

Sorry, couldn't resist

Anyway, with regard to the original post, my only $.02 is to say that it all depends on what 'big game' you are talking about. Is a 7mm Rem Mag enough to kill an elk at 1,000 yards? Sure. A grizzley bear? I would think twice on that one. Anyway, just my two cents. I know the .300 versus the 7mag debate can go on forever, but it wasn't meant to be a debate necessarily...just a question

Good luck to the OP
I'm not to proud to accept help! Thanks!! Great Post!!

DT
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Wow, we truly have started a particular "specimen" measuring contest. The only problem is, we "fan boys" are the ONLY contributors to this particular thread citing data & statistical fact; i've seen nothing in rebuttal other than the good ole "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" the OP chose our caliber!

Seriously, debate like you know what you're talking about & we may take you a little more seriously. Mud, you may not have mentioned folks by name but I guarantee it doesn't take much to figure it out. Subjective vs Objective.

I understand what the OP chose, thats fine. I will guarantee anyone that I will lose no sleep over it tonight. What has been done is the continuing of a discussion started. Or is that not what forums & threads for?

Listen, I don't hold a personal grudge against anyone here, don't take it that way. The point i'm trying to make is: If someone intends to win a debate with me, you have to actually beat me.
Right now, its the "fan boys" 1- "good ole boys" none.

t
Really? You are the only ones? Since you joined in 2010 you have over 1500 posts that tells me you spend more time on the keyboard than the range. If you want frontal area move to a 338 or a real caliber with some frontal area a 375 not a 30cal over a 7mm there is no difference on game between the two. I will make it simple. You hit an ELK at 1000 yards in the vitals with either and it dies. I also asked about your comment on John and his shooting being not affected by internal performance and you come off with this rant of yours and ignored the question. So tell me why John is having such good success and others with a 7mm rem? If a 300 win is that much better or better at all why are they not using it? I figure anyone can go to JBM and run numbers and since the 300 win was compared to the STW go run a 215 30cal Berger at 2900 vs. 7mm 180gr Berger tactical at 3150 or 3200fps. Tell us which one has more velocity, energy, less wind drift and time of flight at 1000 yards. That will end that debate real quick. If you want your 300 to have a real ass whooping run a 7mm wildcat 200gr with a tested BC of .711 at 3000fps. I have owned several 300 wins, 7mm mags and 7mm STW's and have taken game at long range meaning over 500 yards with all 3. The 300 win 7mm rem are equal, 7mm STW is better than the two. I would be willing to bet the 2 barking the loudest about the 300 win cannot say the same.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Tinsley View Post
Saying what he should have an thinking what he should have are two differant things! Talk about reading comprehension!!!! Really???
So now you're a mind reader? Yes, reading comprehension, not mind reading.

Quote:
As far as the parameter of this tread, I am not an will not go trough it again an waste all of the good people's time that is on this tread!
Yup, the reason and purpose of the thread, that's what I was answering.

Quote:
Wheather the OP choses whatever caliber he wants,we need to encourage him in his quest for Saftey,Enjoyment,Knowlege,an shooting the caliber of his choice!!
Did you read this from me to the OP???

Quote:
To the OP good luck with your rifle and have a good time with LR shooting!

Cheers,

Mark

Quote:
If one or the other has a differant opinion or idea,then great!!! That doesn't meen that one or the other is better!(just differant)!!!
Actually, some things are opinions and some things are facts. Bigger cartridges are better killers. That comes under the fact heading.

Later

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 03-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Gold Member

Oh boy, now we are in to wildcats...I'll get the popcorn

Seriously though, if we could spend this much time and anger with our politicians, we probably wouldn't have to worry about any of these gun laws coming to fruition! Just another of my basic thoughts, hahaha