Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

7mm Rem Mag

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #43  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,890
Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Thanks Dick. It just gets frustrating with all the caliber fanboys jumping in on 1 bandwagon and almost bullying folks, and running their mouths about things they have no clue about. Someone asks, I make my suggestion. They ask more questions, I give more info... If they don't, I stop. But some people just talk just to hear themselves talk....Like pushing a caliber on someone who isn't interested in it.

That would be like trying to push a 6.5 Carcano on me or an Arisaka.....I would tell you no, simply b/c I have ZERO interest in it.

Do I hate the 300 WM, by no means. I reload 300 WM all the time for my buddy who has one. I've develeped some serious loads for his gun. Do I have any interest in owning one myself.......Nope, not in the least. But I'll never say it's a crappy caliber, b/c that simply isn't true.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,953
Re: 7mm Rem Mag

[
Quote:
QUOTE=Dick Tinsley;777122] You!!! Sir say its better!! To each his own!! Just because you say it's better, doesn't meen it is!! That's the choice an The Right of the individual, whoever it may be!! The OP said earlier that he had made up his mind on what caliber he wants!!! Why are you sir still trying to change his mind?????
Now!!! That Sums It Up!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Guess you haven't been reading my posts very well.

First, I'm not trying to change his mind. He made his decision and that's fine by me.

Quote:
I'm not gonna say that the 300WM is better! I'm not gonna say that it is not better!
So you're going to sit on a fence? What we have here is a case of subjectivity vs objectivity. The OP or anyone else has a choice, but that does not mean they choose the best tool for the job. He had his reasons for his choice which I respect Sir. But it doesn't make it the best choice for the job.

By you're above reasoning, the 270 WSM is just as good for shooting elk @ 1000 yds as is a 7RM... correct? There is less difference between a 270 WSM shooting a 165 Matrix to a 7RM than there is between a 7 and a 300. Therefore since the 300 WM is no better than the 7 because it's bigger, neither is better than the 270 WSM. Heck, let's not stop there, not much diff between a 6.5 WSM and a 270 WSM, there fore the 6.5 is just as good as the 300.

I'm not trying to change the OP's mind about his choice, I'm just throwing the BS flag about the BS that a 7RM is as good a LR killer as a 300 which is total BS.

And Mudrunner, The 300 WM is not my baby. I have a 300 WSM and 300 RUM and prefer them over the WM. I also have a 7RM.
__________________
- Mark

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,953
Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Thanks Dick. It just gets frustrating with all the caliber fanboys jumping in on 1 bandwagon and almost bullying folks, and running their mouths about things they have no clue about. .
Mudrunner, that's total BS.... no fan club here, just objectivity. the 300 WM is not my first choice of cartridges or of 308's...
__________________
- Mark

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,890
Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
So you're going to sit on a fence? What we have here is a case of subjectivity vs objectivity. The OP or anyone else has a choice, but that does not mean they choose the best tool for the job. He had his reasons for his choice which I respect Sir. But it doesn't make it the best choice for the job.

By you're above reasoning, the 270 WSM is just as good for shooting elk @ 1000 yds as is a 7RM... correct? There is less difference between a 270 WSM shooting a 165 Matrix to a 7RM than there is between a 7 and a 300. Therefore since the 300 WM is no better than the 7 because it's bigger, neither is better than the 270 WSM. Heck, let's not stop there, not much diff between a 6.5 WSM and a 270 WSM, there fore the 6.5 is just as good as the 300.

I'm not trying to change the OP's mind about his choice, I'm just throwing the BS flag about the BS that a 7RM is as good a LR killer as a 300 which is total BS.

And Mudrunner, The 300 WM is not my baby. I have a 300 WSM and 300 RUM and prefer them over the WM. I also have a 7RM.
So, you're saying you know what's better for him, and what he WANTS, better than he does?
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.

Last edited by MudRunner2005; 03-11-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Demonstration tool, to help clearly define WHO has a reading comprehension problem...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,890
Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Mudrunner, that's total BS.... no fan club here, just objectivity. the 300 WM is not my first choice of cartridges or of 308's...
I don't recall ever mentioning anyone's name specifically in the entire length of the post?

I was doing this thing called generalizing. So, why take it personal? I never said I was talking to or referring to you or anything you have said in this thread.

I also didn't mention any caliber either...
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,953
Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
So, you're saying you know what's better for him, and what he WANTS, better than he does?
You have a reading comprehension problem
__________________
- Mark

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NW Louisana
Posts: 310
Re: 7mm Rem Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
[
Guess you haven't been reading my posts very well.

First, I'm not trying to change his mind. He made his decision and that's fine by me.



So you're going to sit on a fence? What we have here is a case of subjectivity vs objectivity. The OP or anyone else has a choice, but that does not mean they choose the best tool for the job. He had his reasons for his choice which I respect Sir. But it doesn't make it the best choice for the job.

By you're above reasoning, the 270 WSM is just as good for shooting elk @ 1000 yds as is a 7RM... correct? There is less difference between a 270 WSM shooting a 165 Matrix to a 7RM than there is between a 7 and a 300. Therefore since the 300 WM is no better than the 7 because it's bigger, neither is better than the 270 WSM. Heck, let's not stop there, not much diff between a 6.5 WSM and a 270 WSM, there fore the 6.5 is just as good as the 300.

I'm not trying to change the OP's mind about his choice, I'm just throwing the BS flag about the BS that a 7RM is as good a LR killer as a 300 which is total BS.

And Mudrunner, The 300 WM is not my baby. I have a 300 WSM and 300 RUM and prefer them over the WM. I also have a 7RM.[/QUOTE]

Talkin about BS!!! Aparently You sir have not read my posts like you should have! I have already givin my input on the 7 mag!! I, for one, love it! I have not been on the fence about nothing! I have never said anything negitive about the 300wm!!(go back an read my posts)!! This tread is about a gentleman wanting to get a caliber that he likes an can familiarize his self with!!! He made his choice!!! If you sir want to ramble about other calibers( calibers that I personally think are great) then that's your right! But don't try an (1)put words in my mouth(2)push or bully others into accepting what you think is right(3)just because the OP chose another caliber to his liking doesn't meen that its not the best round up to the yardage that he is gonna use it for!! Just because he made a differant choice other than yours, doesn't meen he's wrong!! Bottom Line!!!! Quit Pushing Yourself On Others!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC