Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

7mm Allen Magnum finished.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2005, 08:57 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: 7mm Allen Magnum finished.....

Eaglet and Festus,

Thanks for the kind words, I will give a complete report when I get back from the hunt, hopefully with some good results and pics if I can make the shot count!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

ss7mm,

Thanks for the endorsement. With the shooting you have been doing lately, maybe you should be on my trigger when that big whitetail shows himself!!!

As far as my guide goes, I have more faith in him then anyone else I know. He also knows I only hope to get a chance at a mature Canadian whitetail, thats all I hope for. If its book, so be it, if not, will make no difference at all to the quality of the thophy in my mind.

Hell, it could turn very warm and I may not see a thing. It is hunting still and I know how tricky mature whitetails can be to put in the back of the truck. The fun is in the challange of getting to the shot.

Once we get to that point, hopefully its a done deal, knock on wood [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!

Just spending two weeks chasing Canadian whitetails will offer a lifetime of memories and the company will only add to it.

I will give a complete report when I return.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Lerch,

The 270 AM is ready but I do not think it will go North with me unless I can not get the 7mm AM ready. It has already established a great field record and I have alot of fine customers out there like you and BJ and several others on this board that will be putting the big 270 to the test this season. I have a feeling you guys will offer more field results that I ever could so I will let you guys have the fun with the 270 AM.

Of course ss7mm has already offered a good amount of field results with the 7mm AM as well but I have yet to get bloodied myself with the big 7mm. My 270 AM has already taken alot of fine game.

Keep us posted on your upcoming hunts as well.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-03-2005, 09:52 AM
SPONSOR

Well hopefully we won't disapoint you with the 270 Allen Mags. If you are looking for a guide in Saskatchewan I know one you definanltly shouldn't use [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

good luck Kirby
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 11-03-2005, 10:38 AM

Kirby I'm having a hard time trying to send you a e-mail. would you please e-mail me so I can see if I can figure this computer out. Many thanks
rocky@ccngwy.com
Old 11-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
will get the 105.0 gr WC872/200 gr ULD RBBT load tuned and ready to roll.

This load is a relatively mild load as it has been averaging right at 3200 fps in the new Lilja barrels so we will see how it performs.

[/ QUOTE ]

200 gr high BC bullet at 3200fps is mild?

I can hardly wait till you put some Tobasco on it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Kirby there is one in my back yard. He looks like a 6 year old 4X5 with great mass. He is a very large bodied whitetail. I am 10 miles East of Regina Saskatchewan but it is only a muzzleloader zone so you are out of luck. I also know where there is a very large 5X5 with 2 8 inch drop tines 30 miles south. I saw him almost every day in september while I was crop dusting.

Goodluck talk to you soon

Robin