Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

7mag sendero NEW, or OLD?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mag sendero NEW, or OLD?

1911, if you wind up not liking it, let me know and we can meet F-2-F, and I'll give you your money back for it, since Alabama ain't that far away from you. I have been wanting a little brother to my Sendero SF 7mmSTW, and the 7Mag is the next step down. Plus I'm just a huge fan of the 7mm calibers.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Gold Member

I think you will be satisfied with the purchase, my hunting partner bought the same rifle last year about this time. His is the black matt finish with a 24" heavy barrel (sendero contour) it shoots very well. About 2 weeks ago I watched him shoot a fly off our backstop at 100, not bad. The only thing you may not like is the factory trigger his sucks, waiting on a jewell.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Bronze Member

I have a line on another that is glass beded around the same price if mine pans out tomorrow I'll turn you guys on to it.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

First dibs!!!!
Based on prior pms
Old 04-20-2013, 01:18 AM
Platinum Member

2nd Dibbs......Based on my post a little while ago.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Bronze Member

i have one of the old black stock/black unfluted barrel 24 inch senderos that i have had for a LONG time. i think i bought it in '95 or '96. it is a great gun. i really haven't ever found a load that it didn't like.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Bronze Member

I had thought ot was ss but it ended up being matte black no flutes has a 26" from the reciever barrel. It was the flash that washed out the black in the pictures. A couple dings in the stock and an ever so slight bit of back of the safe looking rust haze.
He ended up driving an hour to meet and throwing in some leuopold rings and bases. for the 850$ I even lucked out at wal mart and found a box of Federal fusion ammo, and 2 boxes of nosler bullets 140 gr.

Is this concidered a 24 or 26 inch barrel?
Is this a 9.25 twist?