Well, the parts have been ordered and the project has been officially started. I was originally going to use a Remington 700 action with a Speedy Sleeve, however, I changed my mind and went all out. Here are the rifle specs;
1. Caliber-6mm Remington Ackley Improved
2. Acition-Nesika Model K, 1.470 Dia. Right Port/Right Bolt with Tacticle Knob
3. Barrel- Krieger 28", 1.250 for 5" tappered to 1.00 at the muzzle, 1-12 twist.
4. Holland Muzzle Brake
4. Stock-McMillan A-5, Color is Black, with ADJ length of pull and thumbwheel cheek piece
5. Jewell Trigger-2oz
6. Davidson custom base with 20 MOA added
7. Kelby 30MM Rings
9. Topped with a Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS
I have not decided if I am going to Teflon Coat the action and barrel. This rifle is going to be used for long range, 500 to 1000 yards, varmint and coyote hunting
. So, I am not worried about the little vermin spotting me. I will be well hidden when hunting coyote's, and squirrels don't really seem to care. Let me know if you guys think I should go all black. If you have pictures of projects, please post them so maybe I can get an idea. Thanks, Wildcat.