Re: 6MM ACKLEY OR 243 ACKLEY
Roper, he is using Moly Coated V-MAX bullets. I hope this helps. He is getting around the same velocity with none moly coated v-max's. Anyhow, I am hoping to get the same velocity out of my 6MM Ackley. My gunsmith will taylor the rifle to shoot the 75grn V-MAX and The 87grn V-MAX. Here are the specs on my 6mm Ackley Improved:
1. Nesika Model K Round Action, 1.450 Dia. tactical bolt with knob.
2. Krieger 28", 1.250 tappered to 1.00 at the muzzle, 1-12 twist, Holland Muzzle Brake
3. McMillan A-5 Tactical, Thumbwheel Cheek piece, Adj LOP
4. Jewell 2oz Trigger
5. Davidson custom base with 20MOA
6. Kelby 30mm Rings
7. Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS
I think this rifle will be able to shoot the 87 grn V-MAX at 3650fps, and it will probably shoot the 75grn V-MAX at around 3850 fps. I can't wait to hit a squirrel with this rig, it's going to be a red mist bananza.