Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

600th APS rifle shipped today.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 600th APS rifle shipped today.....

Pretty much what Dick said

Quote:
It arrived during the first week of deer season and I did a quick barrel breakin and did some target work to get it dialed in and then went hunting. Deer season saw a buck fall as did an elk, both bang flops and both with fireforming loads as I hadnít even had time to get past the fireforming stage because of the late arrival of the gun.
Wonderfully accurate 7AM killed a 6X6 elk on my first trip back out west with a fireforming load. A day dream come true for me. My kids on their first trip out west got trophy antelope and a long range mule deer.

While I have other rifles by other smiths if I really want to kill something I take the Allen Mag. If I just want to hunt and not drag anything home I take another gun.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Gold Member

way to go kirby!, I remember way back when when I got your email the 7mm AM was in production, couldn't get my parts boxed up fast enough, best decision I ever made, thanks for your hard work and dedication, its helped make myself and 599 other guys better shooters.
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 12-30-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Gold Member

Kirby,

Congratulations my friend! I am very happy for you and very proud of you. Even though my only "Kirby" gun is a reworked A-Bolt, as far as I am concerned it is the best A-Bolt in the world. It fully performs up to your standards and continues to surprise me every time I shoot it.
I cannot wait until I start working with my Long Range Stalker in 338
AX. The Raptor is an absolutely brilliant design. Once people get to see and handle that action, everything else will be second rate. I haven't dealt with you as long as Dick has, but he certainly is a good judge of character. I have seen not only your dedication to your craft and your customers, but I have also seen your dedication and love to your family. And in my book, that is just as important. Becky and 'Kenzie are very lucky to have you in their lives!
I am looking forward to working out drops with you for my new Stalker when it gets built. I also still want to ride quads all over the prairie with you and 'Kenzie. And I'm sure we can probably find another day to go whack some more prairie dogs, what fun that was!!
Continued success and I will try to limit my interruptions so as not to slow you down . Yeah, right!

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

Well, Mr. Kirby Congratulations!

I envy your ability to turnout a quality product, EVERY TIME. The two AMs I have are much much more than I ever expected. Especially the 375 AM. Unknowingly I shorted you on the 270 AM build in the I stayed with the Rem 721 trigger, how dumb was that, then the economy stock.

I've only 4 shots down the barrel of the 375 and swear its good for everything from PDs through yotes to anything ya wanna shoot with in including D-9 Cats. It seems to shoot as flat and as fast as the 270. It should as the 350 gr bullet is starting at the same MV as the 169 WC.

I am a happy man to have 2 of those 600.

Keep it up my man!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

Congratulations Kirby.

Now could you pick up the pace a little so I can have my new 7 WSM rifle before next hunting season?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Silver Member

Happy New Year's Kirby!

Keep them coming!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

THanks for all the kind words. This is what I ment by I could list every one of you guys specifically and have very sincere words for each of you. Everyone that has posted on here are close friends. Some from LRH, some old, some new, some I have personal friendships with, some only through posts and e-mails, all very dear to me.

Those of you that really know me know I am a man of very few spoken words until I really get to know you. Its much easier to type then speak words for me. That is why so many of you have waded through some seriously long winded posts here on LRH.

As mentioned I am a truely lucky guy. I have a wife and little girl that are far out of my league, best customers in the world, and the best friends a guy could wish for and thanks to many of you, a very stable business. I do take customer service very seriously and that can at times take me away from other customers or at least appear to do this if your waiting on a reply from me. My only fear and worry is father time!!! I know how hard it is to wait for projects. I have worked VERY hard this past 18 months to try to catch up as I honestly loose sleep at night making you guys wait for projects to arrive. I have done that for years and do it today and will do the same tomorrow. I can not tell you how many times I have spoken or typed the words, "Sorry for the long wait but I am doing everything I can to make sure when you get your rifle, its well worth the wait". I sound like a broken record to myself and that has truely been a huge source of stress for me but such is life and that is the reward for being fortunate enough to have a little successful shop and a weight that just has to be taken on and accepted, I just hope I can get everyone the time they deserve and I know at times, I am lacking.

As said before, most of you that have replied I could speak of personally and I remember very fond memories from the past. I remember when a stranger showed up at my shop door from way back east on his way to Idaho and picked up his jungle tiger in 7mm AM. He arrived somewhat of a stranger, by the end of the several hour visit, he left as a good friend...... Seems like yesterday....

And one of the nicest guys in the world that keeps showing up at my shop with cookies!!!! Thank you for your visits and support and your welcome anytime, you may just have to sit and watch me work. Really I am not ignoring you, just a simple guy that can not do two things at once, do not want to get the nick name of stumpy!!! LOL

I could do this all night.

Instead, simply put, thank you all for your patients and support. If the next 600 rifles brings me as much joy as the last 600, along with a few headaches and a couple grey hairs, I will be very happy indeed.

While APS has been a one man shop more or less, I fully realize one man can do very little in this world and its all of you that make APS. I have said my customers make me look very good, not only do I say that but I 100% believe that to be a fact. Thank you, all of you!!!!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com

Last edited by Fiftydriver; 12-30-2010 at 11:35 PM.