Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

600th APS rifle shipped today.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

600th APS rifle shipped today.....

Well, started this little adventure in may of 2003. Never thought it would take off into what it has become today. When I sit back and think about it, its a bit overwhelming to be honest but on the other side of the coin, I am amazed its only been 6 1/2 years, seems more like twice that with what has been done in that time!!!

Today I shipped one of my 338 Allen Xpress rifles which was number 600 out of the shop. kind of fitting that it was one of my wildcats that I have developed over the years. Now this is nothing for some of the larger custom shops out there today or that have been around for years but for a one man shop, it seems like a hell of alot of rifles out the door already.

Just had to take a minute and sit down and realize how far my little shop has come in a relatively short time. I figured if I got 1000 rifles shipped in 20 years I would be very happy. Now I am on pace to do that in half that time!!! Thanks to everyone that has helped along the way, MUCH more to to come!!

Just wanted to thank everyone here on LRH that have supported me over the years and helped me get to this benchmark and hopefully this is just a start. Hell, by the time I get all the projects done in the shop right now I will be well on my way to 700 out the door.

LRH really got me started and the members really grew my business and I can not thank all of you enough.

There are a few guys that I would like to publically thank, my very good friend Richard Graves, he knows what he means to me and my family, nuff said.

Dick Grimm, thank you old friend for believing in something that had never really been done before and for having the patients to hang with me as we worked through it.

BJ and Steve, thanks guys, you both started the chatter on the 270 AM and got the fire going. Now you are both valued friends much more then customers and have been for many years. Thank you both.

Thanks to Len for giving me someplace to talk about some CRAZY ideas that this Montana boy came up with.

There are many others here on LRH. I could list them all specifically but that would take to damn long, thank you all. Just getting started, but it has already been a hell of a ride.

For those that are waiting on projects, I promise, they are coming and it WILL be worth the wait and I thank you ahead for your support and patients. LRH and its members turned APS into what it is today and hopefully much larger things to come down the road.

For that, I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for the chance to build you guys some rifles and to share you and your families hunts and shooting sessions over the years, its been more then I ever expected and met more friends then I ever thought I would.

Thanks!!!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Bronze Member

Re: 600th APS rifle shipped today.....

Congratulations Kirby!

This is one very significant milestone. I have followed your postings and various builds for a number of years and always look forward to what you have to contribute. While I am not yet one of your customers, I am looking to rectify that in 2011. Again, congratulations!

Craig in SE Idaho
Old 12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

Congratulations Kirby and God Bless!
Sam

NRA Life Member
Old 12-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Silver Member

Congrats! Love my 338AM and already thinking about my next build with Kirby and his new action
Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

great job Kirby, keep'em coming. AL
Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 PM
PUBLISHER

Wow, that is quite impressive. So -- what number is my "500 yard handgun" as I like to describe it to folks here in Wisconsin. It's always fun the see their reaction.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member

Kirby:

Congratulations my friend on a great milestone in your business and in your personal life!!!

I remember when some of the first rumblings out of Fort Shaw started hitting cyber space and itís been very interesting watching the evolution and growth of APS. Iíve done business with thousands of people both during my business life as well as my personal life and Iíve always considered myself one that could judge someone pretty well right from the start. From the first time I saw or heard your name and business mentioned, and from our first conversation, I had a good feeling and it has just gotten stronger over the years.

I remember when we first started talking about building something that you hadnít done yet and I also remember how busy you were because you were not only starting and building your business but you were constantly thinking about ways to send a little chunk of lead and copper faster than it had been before.

I also remember something that stuck in my mind from the first conversation we had and that is that you never said no and you never said something couldnít be done no matter what I wanted and no matter whether you had done it before or not. I remember the hard times you went through in getting the necessary parts to put together the first 7mm AM out the door and I also remember the long hours you worked when the parts finally did arrive to get that first 7mm AM built and out the door. It arrived during the first week of deer season and I did a quick barrel breakin and did some target work to get it dialed in and then went hunting. Deer season saw a buck fall as did an elk, both bang flops and both with fireforming loads as I hadnít even had time to get past the fireforming stage because of the late arrival of the gun.

Iíve never had a gun that develops as much interest as that 7mm AM. I shoot it a lot and people tend to stop to see what kind of a nut I am when they see me set up for a shot and thereís nothing within a ridge or two that even resembles a target. Iíve let a lot of people shoot it and in every case they have a smile on their face and just want to shoot it again.

Youíve put out 600 guns and I think Iíve had about that many emails about you, your business and your guns not to mention the countless PMs on LRH. Iíve spent time on the phone with people from here to the east coast and have communicated with people on most other continents about the 7mm AM and your other wildcats and itís been very interesting to see the interest grow in APS and the Allen Magnums.

To this day I believe that one of the main reasons youíve been so successful is the fact that you put so much of you into everything you do. The support people get from APS both before the sale and after is top notch and I also know that you give the same help and support to anyone that asks and not just to those that buy a gun from you. Itís nice to know that those of us on LRH can always refer somebody to Kirby Allen at APS for anything from getting a question answered to getting a full blown custom built.

I miss dealing with that goofy Canuck up north but at least we donít have to spend quite as much time around the net watching his back. He was and is, one of a kind.

BJ and Steve also have been great supporters of APS and I enjoyed their adventures in getting the 270 AMs up and running.

I knew from our first dealings that you would be successful and continue to grow and I feel that 600 out the door is just a beginning for you and APS. I wonít be around to see the last one shipped but I know itíll go to a very happy customer.

Good luck with your future projects and Iíll enjoy reading and watching you reach your next milestones.