Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

600 yard hunting rifle????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 600 yard hunting rifle????

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlooper8 View Post
The sendaro seems to be everyones answer eh? it looks and sounds like a sick gun!! just price and wieght in my mind..but if thats what u guys think is the best factory gun then i shouldnt waist my money on any less?? those savage model 111 long range hunters seem to look alright, are they??
Let's just say... You will be doing yourself a favor buying the Savage over the Sendero. You will save money on the initial purchase, and it has all the accuracy upgrades you need w/o spending any extra cash. I am huge Savage fan and will always be. They are just stupid accurate out of the box performance. I don't own the LRH, but I own a Mod 12 VLP, and even their MKII 22LR will cut .25" (w/ regularity) at 50yds when I do my part. It comes with the aluminum bedded accu-stock, adjustable cheek rest, accu-trigger, and adjustable muzzle break (open when bench shooting, close when hunting as to reduce hearing damage). I would have to get a really good deal on a Remmy to ever buy one. Savage is my secret lust! Guess its not a secret anymore!

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Silver Member

I completely agree with tank. I have bought 2 savages in the last 6 months a 110 and a 111. They both shoot under 1 moa all day long. To get that accuracy all I have done is a little stock work and hand loads. In my opinion you are not going to get hurt by buying any savage.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

I've had plenty of both Savages and Remmys. I have a Sendero in 7rm and don't see it going anywhere. Shoots awesome. My savages have generally shot extremely well also. You can't go wrong with either. I like the HS stocks on the Sendero over the savage stocks personally. Look for the best price and spend the rest on ammo and GOOD glass.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Thanks tank! i like the savage cuz it seems to be about a pound and half lighter than the sendaro, and weight means alot to me. so u guys think the savage model 111 LRH could easily do the trick out to 600 yrds without any after market gitup? And there less than 1000$ dollars. they seem to loook like they also have a heavy barrel as well! It would probably be worth it to glass bed it eh? And u think 7mm is a good choice?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks tank! i like the savage cuz it seems to be about a pound and half lighter than the sendaro, and weight means alot to me. so u guys think the savage model 111 LRH could easily do the trick out to 600 yrds without any after market gitup? And there less than 1000$ dollars. they seem to loook like they also have a heavy barrel as well! It would probably be worth it to glass bed it eh? And u think 7mm is a good choice?
For 600yrds, take it out of the box, break in the barrel, get your drops, and go hunting. You won't need to bed the action because the accustock locks it down on the recoil lug. Nothing moves. Also the barrel contour isn't quite a heavy barrel. It is more of a medium weight barrel.

Tank
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:12 PM

ok sounds good, thanks. But the barrel is heavier than the average savage normal hunting rifle right??
Old 01-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
ok sounds good, thanks. But the barrel is heavier than the average savage normal hunting rifle right??
Yes, it is a heavier contour.

Tank