close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Reply

550 Yard Javelina Kill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Laredo, Texas
Posts: 218
550 Yard Javelina Kill

I shot this Javelina yesterday morning @ 550 yards with my 270wsm. I shot him with 140 gr nosler accubond. Here's a video for yall to enjoy....


Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Laredo, Texas
    Posts: 218
    Re: 550 Yard Javelina Kill



    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 11-27-2011, 11:45 PM
    Official LRH Sponsor
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: N. Texas and S. Africa
    Posts: 7,709
    Re: 550 Yard Javelina Kill

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 7mmRemMag View Post
    I shot this Javelina yesterday morning @ 550 yards with my 270wsm. I shot him with 140 gr nosler accubond. Here's a video for yall to enjoy....


    550 Yard Javelina .mov - YouTube
    Great shot. That's a big Javelina what did he weigh 70-80lbs?

    Not a very big target at that range though!
    __________________
    Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 11-27-2011, 11:58 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Laredo, Texas
    Posts: 218
    Re: 550 Yard Javelina Kill

    Thanks. Yeah he was one of the biggest I've ever seen. The biggest I've ever killed for sure. I don't have a scale so I didnt get to weigh him.
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 11-28-2011, 12:04 AM
    Official LRH Sponsor
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: N. Texas and S. Africa
    Posts: 7,709
    Re: 550 Yard Javelina Kill

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 7mmRemMag View Post
    Thanks. Yeah he was one of the biggest I've ever seen. The biggest I've ever killed for sure. I don't have a scale so I didnt get to weigh him.
    I've seen a hell of a lot of Javelina, and that's certainly one of the three largest. Again, congrats!
    __________________
    Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 11-28-2011, 04:29 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: Laredo, Texas
    Posts: 218
    Re: 550 Yard Javelina Kill

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I've seen a hell of a lot of Javelina, and that's certainly one of the three largest. Again, congrats!
    Thanks! Yeah I'm glad we got it on video. Not my longest kill but one of the best because like you said it's a smaller target especially at that range. I was originally going for a coyote at 600 but he left before I could dial my scope in, then this guy walks out 1 minute later. Lol
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 11-29-2011, 12:24 AM
    Official LRH Sponsor
     
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: N. Texas and S. Africa
    Posts: 7,709
    Re: 550 Yard Javelina Kill

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 7mmRemMag View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I'm glad we got it on video. Not my longest kill but one of the best because like you said it's a smaller target especially at that range. I was originally going for a coyote at 600 but he left before I could dial my scope in, then this guy walks out 1 minute later. Lol
    Ha! I had one of those days myself today. Went and set up for a long range shot on a deer who never showed up and instead killed a whopper of a bobcat .. . Gotta love Texas!
    __________________
    Without the First and Second Amendments the rest of The Constitution is Meaningless.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: 550 Yard Javelina Kill
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    78 yard kill with my pse tac15i alancarpenter PSE TAC 15/15i Crossbow Hunting Forum 1 10-12-2011 06:09 PM
    450 yard doe kill in High Def video southdeltahunt Long Range Hunting & Shooting 0 01-28-2011 12:35 AM
    1722 yard ground hog kill in PA stenger Varmint Hunting 3 10-29-2010 10:51 PM
    1220 yard woodchuck kill MikeMurf0505 Varmint Hunting 25 06-29-2010 05:52 PM
    Recovered bullet from a 700 yard kill Ian M Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 6 01-25-2004 01:50 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC