Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

4ked Horns first bear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 4ked Horns first bear.

Here are the photos.

Me and the front left paw.

Curt and the paw

Me and the gigantic oversized mellon,

and the bears head

Curt again. Note the dense brush behind Curt. This is where the bear was headed. Yikes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

You can see the bulletholes here. The red one on the bears left side a few inches below the stick is the entry hole. Exit is dark spot just below his right arm pit.

Head closeup.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Silver Member

WHAT [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] you made your freind run into the bushes after a bear that YOU shot. Man I aint never bear hunting with you. I don't have a problem going into the bushes after a bear that I shot but when someone else shoots it I can't be sure enough of the hit to go after it.

You either got tough or stupid freinds and I haven't decided which it is yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Silver Member

Very nice 4ked. Wish I could have been there. your neighbor is a very stand up guy, and should be recognized as such. Guessing by the fact it takes you about 20 minutes to walk 900 yards, I would assume that your mobility is a little impaired? and your neighbor went into the bush and did his best to help you have a successful, safe hunt. Great story and pics.

Sasquatch
"I am a stone. I do not move. Very slowly, I put snow in my mouth and he won't see my breath. I take my time. . . I have only one bullet. I aim at his eye. Very gently, my finger presses on the trigger. I do not tremble. I have no fear"
Old 06-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member

I didn't make anybody go after anything for me. That was part of the deal. I <u>never</u> would have gone hunting there if he had not offered to help with the retrevial. He saw the bear fall to the ground after the hit. He knew it was hit. He also knew that sending me after a bear would be almost like sending a guy in a wheelchair. If the situation looked like more than he wanted to deal with the dogs were only a phone call and an hour away.

Call them tough friends, call them stupid friends. I'll call them good friends and I will hunt with them any time they invite me to.

[ QUOTE ]
Man I aint never bear hunting with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest easy. I would never impose that on you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Guessing by the fact it takes you about 20 minutes to walk 900 yards, I would assume that your mobility is a little impaired?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that last night I decided to ride my bike in to the spot because my ankles had about had it. Left overs from an old car wreck.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Silver Member

thanks for the input 4ked

I'm very glad that you have such good friends to help you in an amazing adventure.
"I am a stone. I do not move. Very slowly, I put snow in my mouth and he won't see my breath. I take my time. . . I have only one bullet. I aim at his eye. Very gently, my finger presses on the trigger. I do not tremble. I have no fear"
Old 06-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Silver Member

Great pics, even better story. Congrats. Might sound sad but reading about your adventure brightened my day. Thanks for that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]