I went with the new Nosler AccuBond 300grain beasts (supposedly 0.720 BC). Mainly because most of my hunting is done with either Partition for close up or AccuBond for medium to long range. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, so we can help each other out on the load. I will say that Broz is right in line with what I'm trying.
Here's the first 25 rounds will be until I find what works best for my setup:
- CASES: Lapua Brass (this brass is worth every penny)
- PRIMERS: Federal Gold Medal GM215M Large Magnum Rifle match primers
- BULLETS: Nosler AccuBond 300 grain bullets
- POWDER: Hodgdon H1000 powder
- Test Rounds 1-5: 88.0 Grains
- Test Rounds 6-10: 88.5 Grains
- Test Rounds 11-15: 89.0 Grains
- Test Rounds 16-20: 89.5 Grains
- Test Rounds 21-25: 90.0 Grains
- LANDS: As Broz mentions you will need to play with your lands as well. I am going to be trying somewhere between 0.015 and 0.025
What muzzle velocity and energy are you "shooting" for? What type of shooting/hunting? What is your experience level at reloading and LRH? These are the questions I have been looking at myself. I plan to chrony up each of the test shots and will do a full report sometime before the end of the year (hopefully).
Good luck and have fun!