close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Reply

338 edge ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 130
338 edge ?

what is everyone's OAL from base to OGIVE with a 300 gr, berger, THANK'S

DEWAYNE,
Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 11-25-2013, 05:57 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Posts: 1,213
    Re: 338 edge ?

    I can't tell you base to ojive...don't have a tool. BUT ....base to tip (true OAL) is 4.09.
    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: ALABAMA
    Posts: 130
    Re: 338 edge ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4xforfun View Post
    I can't tell you base to ojive...don't have a tool. BUT ....base to tip (true OAL) is 4.09.
    How far off Land's are you
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 11-26-2013, 11:45 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Posts: 1,213
    Re: 338 edge ?

    That is about ten thou into the lands.
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 11-26-2013, 03:27 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: selinsgrove pa.
    Posts: 462
    Re: 338 edge ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meat head View Post
    what is everyone's OAL from base to OGIVE with a 300 gr, berger, THANK'S

    DEWAYNE,
    This dimension will probably do you no good because there are probably a lot of different freebore differences. You will have to find the touch point yourself. Somebody elses dimensions could put you 30 thousandths in the rifling to maybe 30 off.
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 11-26-2013, 04:08 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2005
    Location: Shreveport, LA
    Posts: 221
    Re: 338 edge ?

    I agree. We have two different reamers, no telling how many different ones are out there
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 11-26-2013, 04:33 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: ALABAMA
    Posts: 130
    Re: 338 edge ?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dkhunt14 View Post
    This dimension will probably do you no good because there are probably a lot of different freebore differences. You will have to find the touch point yourself. Somebody elses dimensions could put you 30 thousandths in the rifling to maybe 30 off.
    I understand BigBuck wanted me to ask he hasn't got his gauge to measure to the land's yet.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC