Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

338 Allen Magnums first chuck hunt, a bit of success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Silver Member

Re: 338 Allen Magnums first chuck hunt, a bit of success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spectacular shooting! Every once in a while a man and machine come toghether to create greatness. In your case, you are the man and the creator of the machine, congrats!

Jason

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 06-04-2006, 09:49 PM

Pic's turned out pretty good, Kirb. Best shots I took all day ;o) .

It was a great moment for ya. I'm glad I had the opportunity to witness it first hand. Very much looking forward to next weekend. Congrats, again, on a very nice shot. >> kor
Old 06-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Gold Member

Kirby,

Congratulations on one heck of a shot. Simpley amazing when you think of all the dynamics involved.
The pics are fine, thanks for sharing.

Again, congrats.

JD338
Old 06-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Silver Member

Kirby,
Great shot!!! As far as luck is concerned, I think the old saying ( The harder you work the luckier you get) is appropriate here. You and the gun obviously both shoot very well!!!! Good (luck) at 2500 yrds.----7mmRHB
Old 06-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Silver Member

That was an absolutely fantastic shot! That was definitely a small target.

After watching Goodgrouper and UncleB going for chucks at that extreme of a range I can truly understand what kind of skill and precision it takes to attempt such a shot - of course a little bit of luck doesn't hurt either [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Gold Member

Kirby,
I see you brought your brother into LRH with you,makes it even more fun at times like this to share it with family and friends.
The extra 400fps of the 338AM must really help, I know it took me and goodgrouper more than 4 shots each to get our 2000yard+ chucks (that's why your loppin' a few inch's off the 338MOAG barrel)
as for the 3100yd shot it is very controversial to me but I will leave it at that.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! with the disclaimer that I want to beat you to 2500yds. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
UB
Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Silver Member

Kirby
Your my hero. What a amazing shot.

How much does Black sunshine weigh?
What are the advantages of building a rifle this heavy compared to say 16 lb rifle.
Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm new at this.

DR B

Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.