Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

308 Win Long Range Hunting Loads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 308 Win Long Range Hunting Loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachOutNTouchSomething View Post
what is your seating depth? is your coal over 2.810 to run in a magazine?
2.971" That is .014" off the lands. I use a long action. You could seat it deeper if you wanted too.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Bronze Member

Anyone else working with Amax's or 155 scenars out of a 12 twist?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Silver Member

Yeah I am shooting the amax out of mine and it prints ragged one hole groups with 168 amax and 46 grains of varget seated to 2.8

I have shot a ton of steel and rocks out to a grand and if the wind isnt ripping holds it's own .

I have never messed with the berger hybrids thought about it, but why try to fix it if it ain't broke.

The 308 is a super round for working on your longrange skills with out breaking the bank
Old 12-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertakid View Post

The 308 is a super round for working on your longrange skills with out breaking the bank
Amen to that brother!
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertakid View Post
Yeah I am shooting the amax out of mine and it prints ragged one hole groups with 168 amax and 46 grains of varget seated to 2.8

I have shot a ton of steel and rocks out to a grand and if the wind isnt ripping holds it's own .

I have never messed with the berger hybrids thought about it, but why try to fix it if it ain't broke.

That is exactly wanted to hear, after reading about the stability issues of the 168 SMK i wrote off all 168s thinking they all have this problem, good to hear success with the 168 Amax to 1k
Old 12-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachOutNTouchSomething View Post
That is exactly wanted to hear, after reading about the stability issues of the 168 SMK i wrote off all 168s thinking they all have this problem, good to hear success with the 168 Amax to 1k
The Hybrid will do 1K with no problems too.