Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

300 weatherby Accumark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 300 weatherby Accumark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on loads, my dealer that I ordered from has a stash in back that he will sell me for old stock prices, I should hop on that.....

I have read nothing but good things about the Back Country, and for a hair under $1K I think it is a decent deal. I plan on putting a Zeiss on it to match my .30-378 as closely as possible but apparently no 6.5-20 Conquests anymore so I will get as close as I can.
For a .257 Wby brass hookup, i might can let you know where a few new Conquest 6.5-20x50's sit......

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 PM

Now I have something else to consider. Doug, my friend and fan of the 30-378 informed me that Remington used to make a .300 WBY in the 700. I'm suffering from too much info. I should just buy the damn gun! I've shouldered it, like the feel of it, like the looks. Now I just need to make time and go out and shoot it!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

A 300 weatherby sendero may be hard to find. they were only made a year or so. if you get the accumark you can get going.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
A 300 weatherby sendero may be hard to find. they were only made a year or so. if you get the accumark you can get going.
He could always buy a .300 WM Sendero and have the chamber reamed to .300 Wby...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:38 AM

So your telling me that I can simply buy a new Sendero in 300 Win Mag and have it rechambered in 300 WBY? That simple? That may be the answer because I also really like the Sendero SSII.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1simplemann View Post
So your telling me that I can simply buy a new Sendero in 300 Win Mag and have it rechambered in 300 WBY? That simple? That may be the answer because I also really like the Sendero SSII.
You might want to check out the cost of rechambering and remarking the barrel. A bit of Google searching shows that it's about $150 and up if you believe posted prices.

$1200 new for a Sendero vs $1500 for a new Accumark. That gives you a $300 cushion which goes down to under $150 with rechambering, but after a while when the price becomes that close you have to ask yourself which one you really want.

For the price difference I'd take the Accumark with the shorter bolt throw and stronger action, but that's me.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1simplemann View Post
it is that easy.