Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

300 Ackley??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: 300 Ackley??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
Thanks to those who replied. I took some brass to Bobby Hart at R. W. Hart Inc. in Nescopeck, Pa. today. He sized some brass in his 300 Hart dies, and told me if my rifle would chamber it, I could use those dies. Wonder of wonders, it chambered just fine. I am going to take the rifle to him tomorrow for closer examination. Since he told me he was a world record holder at 1000 yds with the 300 Hart, I suppose he must know what he is talking about. I do know they are very nice people, and bent over backward to help
Necopeck! I have a customer in Berwick. I purchased a set of RCBS 30 degree dies and they didn't size mine enough. I contacted RCBS and they had me send them back with five fired cases. They had to make a new set and there was no charge, outstanding customer service! Glad you got it running.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
Thanks to those who replied. I took some brass to Bobby Hart at R. W. Hart Inc. in Nescopeck, Pa. today. He sized some brass in his 300 Hart dies, and told me if my rifle would chamber it, I could use those dies. Wonder of wonders, it chambered just fine. I am going to take the rifle to him tomorrow for closer examination. Since he told me he was a world record holder at 1000 yds with the 300 Hart, I suppose he must know what he is talking about. I do know they are very nice people, and bent over backward to help
Bobby built a 30 Hart for me years ago. I had the 2nd gun made from their reamer. His was the first.
Ballistic wise the gun did fine, accuracy was another thing. I had RW Hart build a 16.5 Light gun for Williamsport and IBS. After getting my butt kicked I sent it off to Clay Spencer who made it into a fire form gun for my other (2) 300 Weatherby's
Get this, my chamber was different from Bob's and all 3 guns Clay built for me were perfect!
Just watch the headspace and pressure on it but if I were you I'd really consider the dies.
By the way, what world record does Bobby have??
Old 03-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Silver Member

Judge; check your private messages.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM

As to record, i can only say that he said he held a record at 1000 yards w his 30 Hart. I don't really know enough about this long range shooting to even ask intelligent questions. Probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. I take him at his word until I know different. I do know that after sizing in the 30 Hart dies the round chambered in my rifle, so I will try those dies.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member

My smith shoots one of these, and builds them where they're shooting 5 shots in the same hole. I am wanting to build one out of a .300 Wby barrel he has sitting around. Any info on where to find dies for the .300 Ackley 40* Shoulder with a .01" body taper would be great.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member

So...Nobody else has one of these?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member

Really? Nobody?

Quote: